Skip to main content

Borroloola

More
10 years 6 months ago #117023 by Tanya
Replied by Tanya on topic Re: Borroloola
Hi there, I'm very excited to find someone who knew Tim O'Shea and family. He's my great great uncle, and I would love to find out as much information as possible about the family. Any history/stories of them would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Tanya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #117024 by
Replied by on topic Re: Borroloola
HI

The book "Outback Policeman" by Vic Hall is available. There are copies at 3 libraries in Aust. but not available for loan.

I got a copy via the Internet from England and it's a GREAT read (inspirational).............I have sent it over to Perth for a mate to read.

I 'GOOGLED' it again tonight and there are still copies in the UK and USA............expect to pay $30-$40.

Mine would be avail for loan in about 6 mths............mates a very slow reader.

Darryl

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #117025 by
Replied by on topic Re: Borroloola
...i can't help you with your endevours to find your relo's Tanya, but this forum is as good a place as any to kick start the enquiry.....good luck

....Ronhorse and dazza 1949 .. another great read is a book called ''My Place'' by author Sally Morgan...

.....tells the tale of a young Aboriginal woman, her family, and their struggles being not quite able to call themselves ''belonging'' of either race ....goes into quite a bit of detail about station life in the early days....cheers

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds