Skip to main content

Kenworth SAR Driveline questions.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133254 by bigcam
Bongo, I drive trucks often, and defiantly not full time, but the thing I enjoy about driving them is a proper manual Roadranger gearbox. For me you can save the autoshifts for the unco's.

Having said all that, if you do it all day most days for a living you are well untruly entitled to any comforts you desire. Every euro autoshift I've every driven is fine on the flat, but you have to drive them in manual if you see a hill.

Alison auto's are also far from dead and forgotten too, and they react a lot better on a hill.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133255 by hayseed
Most (if not all)of the Operators around here have either been getting rid of their Autoshift Roadrangers,
or Converting them back to Manual.
Which is a fairly straight forward procedure.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 4 months ago #133256 by atkipete
Would the Allison auto, which I think is a six speed, have enough gears for a semi at full weight ? I know they work well in medium size trucks.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133257 by Mrsmackpaul
I would think so there was a Truck and Bus test back in the 70's with a W model KW with tri axle tipper I think it was hauling coal hunter valley area but might be wrong there
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 4 months ago #133258 by werkhorse
Reckon your right mrs .... 77-79 I think have ta have a lookm in the shed

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds