More
10 years 4 months ago #134586 by Beaver
Old movie was created by Beaver
With some interesting trucks:

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #134587 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old movie
Thanks for the link Beaver, some very interesting footage there, really worth a look.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #134588 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Old movie
Didn't see a youthful Beaver on one of fire trucks with sirens blaring, :D :D :D :D :D, or was 1966 to early for you, and how about all those red one ton utes at the market. Good look at the way it was back then. Thanks Beaver [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Mairjimmy.

More
10 years 4 months ago #134589 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Old movie
thanks for that Beaver we have changed a lot in short amount of time are getting better or worse ??
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 4 months ago #134590 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Old movie
If Mairjimmy wants more blaring sirens, he could try this one:

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #134591 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Old movie
Beaver,

Wonderful find. Hard to believe that we would have found the movie of almost no interest at the time because it was all a part of our everyday lives. What a good thing to look at 50 years on.

Looks like it was made for school distribution and the lifeless narrator obviously thought he was talking to 4 year olds.

The Fire Station type movie was something I always looked forward to at school in an age of limited technology although, even then, I suspected half the purpose for making these movies was so the teacher could sneak out for a smoke while the kids were occupied.

Lang
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Lang.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #134592 by Beaver
My days at primary school in the 1950s were filled with such documentaries. I think just about every week, we would have a session in our school hall, where we watched one or two of these from a 16mm projector.

I was a "qualified projector operator" and even got to select some of the films shown. There were catalogues from various production companies, to make selections from.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Beaver.

More
10 years 4 months ago #134593 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Old movie
Beaver,

i was also a "Qualified Projectionist". I suspect the reason was I was one of the biggest kids in the class and could carry that huge, heavy 110/240 transformer box required for the Bell and Howell projectors.

I vaguely remember not being given any more jobs after getting the film stuck and watching in horror as it went up in flames - all dramatically portrayed on the screen. Thinking about it, I can see the teacher pushing kids and chairs over as he raced across the room to turn the power off.

Lang

More
10 years 4 months ago #134594 by Beaver
Lang, you're stretching my memory cells here.

Our projector was mounted on top of a cabinet, which fortunately had wheels, with all the gear underneath. The top of the cabinet would have been about a meter high, but had a fairly heavy timber and masonite "cover" which went over the top of the projector. So getting the cover off required considerable schoolboy stretching to clear the top over the gear without knocking it off.

I recall that the B&H projectors were very sensitive as to how the film was threaded through the "gate" where the light shone through. Get those little loops a little bit out of alignment, and the film frames would be out of alignment with the shutter, resulting in a "vertical hold" effect. If you got the little holes in the side of the film out of sync with the sprockets, you could end up with a few more holes than intended. Never had a fire, but probably left a few films with some burns in them.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
10 years 4 months ago #134595 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Old movie

Beaver,

Wonderful find. Hard to believe that we would have found the movie of almost no interest at the time because it was all a part of our everyday lives. What a good thing to look at 50 years on.

Looks like it was made for school distribution and the lifeless narrator obviously thought he was talking to 4 year olds.

The Fire Station type movie was something I always looked forward to at school in an age of limited technology although, even then, I suspected half the purpose for making these movies was so the teacher could sneak out for a smoke while the kids were occupied.

Lang

Lang you kids must have been wimps I remember Mr Gormlie ??? not sure about the spelling smoking a pipe in class imagine the out rage today :o :o :o summer was the best time when cricket was going didnt mater what class he was teaching us it related to cricket so had to be done outside transistor radio going or playing cricket are those were the days
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds