Skip to main content

Brumbles...very little distance

More
9 years 9 months ago #145283 by Acar DC7564
Geepers it sounds like some of the jokers are lost in the 70s Chocs , but then again they had some good lorry builders back then .

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #145284 by Mairjimmy
Chocs mate, What the hell have you been smoking, as Acar said Lost in the 70's or was it the fumes or maybe the strain from working on that GM of Gilly's that caused those thoughts running through your mind out of control . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Mairjimmy.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145285 by Chocs
C'mon you blokes, get with the program..
It was 1969...
Not the 70's..1969..didn't ya read the start..
Now settle down again please...
I believe we are still asleep but when we awake...
Look out...today could be the day we load some goannas.....
Although I think Werk is hanging for a TNT banga to haul in...with a fresh and visible chassis number of course.

Stand by..

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145286 by steveb
Just a question Chocs.
Was the Fargo a US one or a pommie parott mouth ?

More
9 years 9 months ago #145287 by scratcha
found a loose one chocs, musta jumped out of the holding yards!

[IMG

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #145288 by Chocs

Just a question Chocs.
Was the Fargo a US one or a pommie parott mouth ?

I'm reasonably sure this one was a 1942 Canadian variety
The dealer we got it off said the Gardiner was factory fitted in Uraguay... Seemed a nice bloke..also had a tidy bridge for sale too, think it was in Sydney :-/

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #145289 by Chocs
cont...

It seemed like my eyes had only just closed, but apparently that was not so, judging by the amount of daylight coming through the skylight of my 36 foot bunk!
And $hit, was it cold! Kikkatinalong was about as cold as anywhere else, but she could turn the heat on too...Today wasn't lookin to be an exception to the rule either.
I could hear some clangin and bangin goin and on closer inspection, Ol Greenie was already out beltin the skin off a couple of tyres, dunno where that bloke gets the energy...
"C'mon chocs! the sun will burn a hole in ya man! Get ya bagabones vertical and run an airline out will ya"

Yer not a problem ol mate, ill just finish my bacon and eggs and take these rollers out of my hair..hahaha

What a way to start the day, flat tyres, dust, bindis, sticky beaks oh and a couple of skun knuckles that had already been skun three or four times this week. Nothing like a nice cold morning, mixed with some tyre levers and a couple of Dunlop Trogans to generate some inspiration..
Didn't take all that long really, there had been a bit of practice had in the past and Beauies wern't answering their phone this early on a Mundy mornin anyway for some reason..
The last of em done and the gear stowed away had seen and hour or so disappear very quickly..
Almost on cue, Ol Gilly appeared with a couple of rounds of black tea...
"Good man! ya bloods worth bottlin Gilly"
The warm cups in the hands were almost better than the tea goin down...

The ol Gardiner was a biitch on cold mornins at the best of times, id usually always light a bit of diesel rag and warm the intake a bit if we were runnin short on ether..Preserved the batteries and starter a bit..but it was gernerally a bit of a performance to get the ol girl goin...
But when she was goin.......

"RIGHTO chocs! lets go, Braggy is waitin about 20 mile out...All systems go he reckons"
I can't wait Greenie, spose its out of the question to do a U ey and get while the goins good?
"C'mon, i can smell the money from here chocs, this is the Eldorado this little number!"

We were off!
Today was the big day, we were in luck too, the grader had not long been through and we were makin good time...
Amazing country out here, something about the bottle trees scattered through this country.....Its so much of the same, but its so very different....

Plenty of dust and stones flying , Greenie wasn't wasting any time on the last few mile, maybe he could smell the money??
Buggered if i could! Whooooooooooaaaaaaaa...back ol girl..
We were here apparently, Greenie diving off the shoulder to the right..

Well i'll be F F F.....Feathered... Bloody GOANNAS, GOANNAS and more bloody goannas..
There must be a bloody thousand of the buggers here!

Goannas....Never seen so many............

Will it be continued :-/

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 9 months ago #145290 by prodrive
Carmon Gilly, give him another cuppa tea, and maybe a few Bex powders, get him kick started again!!!

More
9 years 9 months ago #145291 by Chocs
It gunna take Better than Bex to sort this lot out Rich..

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #145292 by Chocs
cont...

This was a sight that had to be seen to be believed!
I'd consumed a fairly wild mixture of cocktails in my time, resulting in some fairly unimaginable sights... But never nothing like this! This was sure something to be rubbin ya eyes and shakin ya head over..
Sand Goannas they were to the four corners!

I'd seen plenty of country sale yards, sheep sales on some big properties, seen heaps of people crowded into a footy game, but it was nothin like this, Bloody Goannas! Heads on em like mice!
They were all very neatly penned up with a bit of descent wire, someone had gone to some real trouble setting this lot up..

Greenie by now had stepped down out of the Road Boss and was standing aside the bullbar scratching his head!
One could only imagine what was goin through his mind right about now..
A trail of dust visible to the east, was forward notice of an approaching vehicle, judging by the size and pace, probably a semi, maybe two, hard to tell with an oncoming unit..

So what do ya reckon Greenie? Theres some goannas here ay! ..Ol Braggy wasn't bull$hittin about that!

"chocs................................................................
There are some goannas here!

"There would be a thousand of the slippry buggers" " maybe more" Greenie still scratchin his head.
"These are gunna take some shifting chocs! i hope ya got plenty of rope with ya hahahahahah"
I was certain that even Greenie had no bloody idea how , where or why we were here now!
There had been some miraculous feats of ingenuity carried out in the past, and there probably wasn't too many types of loads that this bloke hadn't been involved in shifting....
But this was certainly going to take some sorting!

The approaching vehicle was now coming into view and was easily recognised as Braggy's ex Shell Oil Company Federal.
It too, was a sight to be seen with its four axle prime mover and bogie axle strap trailer..
Especially a special sight, watching him navigate rearwards into the finger docks at Coles New World Grocery Distribution Centre in Western Sydney!
Braggy was no stranger to handling some difficult freight also, and i was kind of hoping he had a few dehydrated Stock Crates on board... I'm sure this was wishful thinking at its very best!

The Federal was still rolling to a stop and Braggy was already out on the running board ready to greet us.
"What a sight for sore eyes you blokes are, i was beginning to think you wern't coming! "
"Greenie, chocs, how are ya? Ya pair of bloody scallywags!"
"Well what do ya think? Nice little setup ay?" Braggy obviously happy with his mustering and penning..
Greenie was very quick to reply, " it looks like a bloody setup alright! We should have stayed south drinkin Beer at the Patchy Pub!" ...

"No well, ..... no well things haven't gone exactly to plan Greenie my friend, but i've been doin a bit of thinkin on the way out here.....And...."
"This is gunna be good chocs! Brace yourself young fella......I've heard those words and more before"
"Now come on, the way things have turned out, we will actually make more money than we can drink in a month!"
"We did have a load of 14 foot collapsible cages on there way up with one of the TNT boys...."
"AND", Greenie seemingly running out of patience by the second...
"Well there was a bit of a hickup along the way, and the Truck and Driver, have been caught up in some company history book story arrangement being written by some joker from Tasmeanathanya.
Apparently the bloke has been camped at the parkin bay north of Insideout and checkin all the TNT chassis numbers against the unit numbers and he's found the missin link in the".....
Greenie was in no mood by this stage and was looking for an answer, not a history lesson...
"Whats that gotta do with me and chocs here loadin bloody goannas!" Greenies blood pressure obviously about the break the glass!

"Well to cut a long story short.............................There are no crates!" said Braggy as he took as step back..
"Oh, no crates, is that the only bloody problem we have!
Thats simple, i guess we will just order in a heap of bloody deck chairs and tell the slimey bludgers to sit quietly while we make our way down the road at a hundred bloody miles an hour!"
The tone of Greenies voice indicating the stopper was about to pop!

"So where are this lot sposed to be goin to anyway!?" Greenie now looking to finalise the whole picture..

"Hobart"................................................................................................"But hang on....This is where my plan comes in, don't panic, i don't see a problem in that....Theres three of us here...
I've decided, we should walk the Goannas down, can't be any harder than drovin sheep or cattle?
They move them all over the country on the long paddock..."

HOBART! Bloody Hobart! You can't be serious man! Hobart! A THOUSAND BLOODY SAND GOANNAS!
AND WE ARE GUNNA JUST WALK EM QUIETLY DOWN TO HO BLOODY BART!
HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW FAR IT IS TO BLOODY HOBART!
Greenie now about three feet off the ground and us two giving him plenty of room......

As Braggy pulled a map out of his back pocket, the situation was fading to a blur .........

to be continued.......

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds