Skip to main content

Brumbles...very little distance

More
9 years 10 months ago #145293 by Chocs
Now hang on....keep it steady

Im doin the ending now..

chocs 8-)

PS
I did hear the chassis number that the joker at the parking bay had discovered was 400005..
Apparently it was worth stalling our Crate delivery for? :-/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #145294 by ianoz
Hey Chocs ,Should you be drinking at this time of the day ???
Mate ,you can't be coming up with the twists in da storyline without more than a couple of fizzes . :D :D :D ;) ;D

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 10 months ago #145295 by Swishy
We dun need no endin

wot about mission 02

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 10 months ago #145296 by Chocs
Righto...this is it.....
It took a while I know....
I ran out of fizz.. Several times..
Ya better grab yaselves one.....

I hope it was entertaining and worth waiting for..

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #145297 by Chocs
cont.....

45 years on......

We were at a Truck Show in Lancefield Victoria and decided to head down to the local Watering Hole for tea. (wasn't there at all but it reads good ok..)
It was quite a warm evening and all and sundry had gathered in the beer garden amonst the palm trees for a meal and a night on the turps..
As often the case, a few beers led to a few stories and an Ol Fella began tellin us all a story about a droven job he had been involved in some years back..

It went something like this.....
I remember years ago, i was camped up near Menapause North in Queensland, with a few blokes from Brumbles Heavy Freighters...
They had finished a big shift up there somewhere and got a return job moving a heap of sand goannas from there to Hobart, Tasmania...
So anyway...
There was a mix up with the transports, so we decided we would walk the buggers down on the long paddock..
So away we goes, it was a bit of a hanful at first trying to get a thousand Sand Goannas to all head in the same direction, but we managed to sort em out and the trick was to have a hanful of crickets in ya pocket, they love bloody crickets sand goannas, follow em anywhere..
So anyway..
We'd been headin alon the track for a few days and were makin steady time each day, but for some reason, the Sand Goannas were slowin down a bit..
The Head Stockman pulled us up in the shade of a few trees and began to examine the goannas, one by one...A few hours later he said, " the buggers have got blisters on their feet from walkin on the bitumen...
Its too hot for em...Their feet are a bloody mess....
A thousand Sand Goannas, a thousand miles from no where, with almost four thousand sore feet,
what a bloody predicament were were in..........
But while all the examinations were goin on, the wind had got up and all we could smell was bloody fish!
What was goin on here! Head Stockman wandered off toward the smell..
When he returned..Ya wouldn't read about it, but we had pulled up outside the Safcol Tip and as luck would have it, there had been a b double load of empty sardine tins dumped off the day before!
How lucky was that! The ol Head Stockman, he was right onto it and immediately had us huntin around the tip for every bit of string, hayband or rope that we could muster up.......
So Anyway....
What we did was grab some string and tie a sardine tin onto every goannas four feet and the tin protected em from the hot bitumen road and the little bit of oil in the bottom of the tin, soothed the blisters on their feet!
Ya should have heard the bloody noise as we marched our thousand Sand Goannas with sardine tin clad feet, down the bitumen on our way to Hobart!
It was bloody near deafening!
Gee she was a top trip......All arrived safe and sound a few weeks later...

I couldn't help meself , i had to ask..

"Ay Ol Mate..How did ya get em across Bass Straight?"

The reply...........

"Did you think we were idiots chocs?
"We didn't go that way did we!"

The End..

chocs 8-)

(Full Credit to whoever started the yarn about the tins on their feet, its always been a bloody bewdy I reckon )

PS..True story :D

More
9 years 10 months ago #145298 by grumpy
UNREAL CHOCS

I been getting your yarn translated into Arabic so the guys here understand what I laugh about.
It's bloody hard to convince them that it really did happen, especially the bit about the sardine tins.
Now I have to show them photos of goannas, sardine tins, Bass Strait and all the other places in your story.
They are all waiting for the next episode.

P.S. They miss Lorry Builder too.

More
9 years 10 months ago #145299 by geoffb
Grumpy
Convince that it true there be a document / a story in National Geographics to show evidence of this occurring :D

More
9 years 10 months ago #145300 by Chocs
Good on ya Grumpy,
Glad you are getting a giggle.
Hope there is a degree of sense left in it following a translation..
I know there wasn't much where it came from :D

Ol Lorry is always in contact...
He has a few projects on the go too, he actually wondered how you blokes were goin over in the sand..

Ok hear ya soon

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 10 months ago #145301 by AERODYNE
Chocs started work at 5am worked flat out till 3pm when i got a phone call from a friend in the US asking me what a goanna was and how big are they,i was laying under a T601 Kenworth on the side of the road that had blown a gearbox, just got home from work 930pm had to tell the story ,great read even better laugh
Chappo

More
9 years 10 months ago #145302 by ianoz
That Bugger Greenie , I reckoned he had been holdin back on the good stories . We are lucky you and greenie got on the fizz together .The combination of Memories and a wordsmith= a good campfire yarn .. Thanks Chocs .

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds