Skip to main content

Chev C50

More
9 years 9 months ago #146528 by Nicky
Chev C50 was created by Nicky
Another find on Dad's property, and more questions! Can't seem to find much about them on Australian websites, seems to be all C something else. Are they an oddity to find here? Any info you have about this truck would be appreciated. :)

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #146529 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Chev C50
they are not so much a rare truck in OZ (im sure back in the day they were sold in holden dealerships) however they had major rust issues so finding one with minimal rust is a bonus ! usually they have the 292ci 6cyl petrol although some had V8s ..they were also a pretty light duty truck with soft springs and small brakes ... but one thing is for sure they are a great looking truck !

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #146530 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: Chev C50
Can't have been to many prime movers as this one seems to be and also a C50 is it a V8 or 6 cylinder do you have any proof of ownership such as rego papers or purchase receipts could help you've got a fair bit of info on the ID plates try the customers relations department of GM Holden

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by oldgmc.

More
9 years 9 months ago #146531 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Chev C50
Father in law had one as pointed out rust was an issue so was fuel consumption if I remember correctly but hought they where a good looker

More
9 years 9 months ago #146532 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Chev C50
Loads of potential to make a decent jigger out of. Third photo down , could always utilise vehicle in background as a breakdown unit for a C50/60!

Dave

More
9 years 9 months ago #146533 by plastic bertrand
Replied by plastic bertrand on topic Re: Chev C50
one drives past my house daily during the almond season with tipper. fortunately its always been kept in a shed. v8 one

More
9 years 8 months ago #146534 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Chev C50
Be interesting to know what sort of running gear she has got.

Looks like may have been either a hydraulic oil tank or maybe an LPG tank across the chassis behind the sleeper?

More
9 years 8 months ago #146535 by raymond m
Replied by raymond m on topic Re: Chev C50
Nocky, Qld rail had quite a fleet of those, both flat top and tippers.Caloundra van lines had a long w/b pantech and Gympie freight had one doing Gympie/ Bris. parcels daily. I had a C60 tipper doing subby for Maroochy shire for a couple of years. These were all 292 red engines with New Process (chrysler) 5 speed and 2speed Eaton diffs. Very good trucks but prone to rust around the bonnet. This was in the 1970's. 20 years later I bought a C30 in Mandura and towed a 28' caravan around Aus. This one had a 260 cu.inch. I sold that truck in Gympie. They were very nice riding trucks. (after a diet of commer and leyland drays.) c.u rayman.

More
9 years 8 months ago #146536 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: Chev C50
Where those 5 spd Chrysler gearboxes overdrive

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
9 years 8 months ago #146537 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Chev C50
dont think so