Skip to main content

Chev C50

More
9 years 8 months ago #146538 by raymond m
Replied by raymond m on topic Re: Chev C50
No,direct on top gear but the Eaton 2 speed made life easy.This was in 1975 when they were sold by GM-H dealers.I bought mine in Nambour. I used to carry a Cat 993 traxcavator in mine, she never raised a sweat. The biggest drama was the tyre locking rings, real mongrel things and with the close P.C.D. stud pattern no other rims could be substituted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #146539 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Chev C50

No,direct on top gear but the Eaton 2 speed made life easy.This was in 1975 when they were sold by GM-H dealers.I bought mine in Nambour. I used to carry a Cat 993 traxcavator in mine, she never raised a sweat. The biggest drama was the tyre locking rings, real mongrel things and with the close P.C.D. stud pattern no other rims could be substituted.

but i bet you raised a sweat trying to hold the weight back going downhill ? ;)

More
9 years 8 months ago #146540 by raymond m
Replied by raymond m on topic Re: Chev C50
Kenny, I learned to drive in the 1940's, crash gearboxes and you used the gears on both sides of the hill. Nobody was in any hurry back then.

More
9 years 7 months ago #146541 by theroadbossman
Replied by theroadbossman on topic Re: Chev C50
Two happiest days of my life, the day I bought it and the day i sold it ;D
I recall that the thing I bought (from my boss at the time) had been played with we reckon - sure it was a C50 but it had a 427cu in big block Chev motor and a "truck box" 4 speed with first gear that would do 2km/h flat out! No two-speed. We put it on gas as it had a drinking problem, and that was OK i guess bear in mind this was about 1983.
No power streering either, heater worked good but in Sydney in summer that wasn't really a good idea.
Rust in the bonnet, doors, pillars at the hinges, and base of the screen, matter of fact pretty much everywhere she had some cancer BUT i did get $21.50 an hour for me and her so it earned it's keep.
No tears when she got sold, happy day ;D

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds