Skip to main content

K Model Bedford - John Dring Transport

More
9 years 4 months ago #152952 by Pierre
Hi, As I've mentioned in previous posts I plan to restore my 1953 Bedford with the Livery of John Dring Cartage Contractors who operated near me in Adelaide when I was growing up.
I've just come into possession of original documents & photos dating back to 1926, (including their original contract with the Colonial Sugar Refinery carting sugar from Port Adelaide to three major brewers) which I'd like to share with the HCVC community once I get them in order & scanned. Is this the right place to post these?

Apparently there is an article in one of the late 1976 publications of "Truck & Bus Transportation Magazine" that marked the company's 50th Anniversary.
I'd like a copy of this article, would anyone have the 1976 publications & could copy & send me? :)

Cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152953 by Mairjimmy
Pierre, I would think this is right place to place these documents as they of history of trucking and when the time for restoration of the Bedford go to the restoration section, we will be all be here waiting for them.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

9 years 4 months ago #152954 by
you should pm either BIGCAM or WERKHORSE as they have big collections of truck / bus mags. Dave

More
9 years 4 months ago #152955 by curious34
Hi the State Library on Nth Tce has a full set of Truck & Bus magazines from the 1930s but from recollection they are not kept on site and you may have to order them it would pay to check. Cheers Dean.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152956 by Pierre
Ok, thanks Deadly Dave & Workhorse. I'll try the State Library first & see how I go as I'm not sure what month the article is in. :)
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #152957 by werkhorse
Hmmm .... Missed this somehow .... I am out for another half hour ..... I'll look when I get back .... Have most of the 76 issues ;)

Edit:

Hmmm ... Not as many issues as I thought.

Can't find anything in 76 ...But ...

Article in June 1962 called Still up front
" " Nov 1973 " Blending long and short haul

These are both on John Dring..... I don't have either issue

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by werkhorse.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152958 by Pierre
Werkhorse, I've got it!
Paul Griffiths had the 1976 copy & sent the article to me. I'll post it up shortly with photos.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds