Skip to main content

Early Diamond T's

More
8 years 4 months ago #166257 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Early Diamond T's
If it is one of these Diamond T's it would have had a continental motor I think
I was think of a Tank transporter type these ones are a lot lighter than the tank transporters

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #166260 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Early Diamond T's

Dave_64 wrote: ................... I thought that the 3306 engine would have been a lot later?? The 1673 and 1674's were prior to them (IDSTBC).
As far as the wet clutch housing with multiple disc, maybe they ran a removavle adapter plate like so many other manufacturers did? Wouldn't have been impossible to then bolt any type of bellhousing to it?

What are you calling later? The 3306 were all electric start, but the motor they replaced (I need help here but I thought a D333 or something similar?) was a donkey start was it not? Our is a late 17k, guessing by the serial number late 60s. Pretty sure the trans bolts straight to the flywheel housing with no adapters...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by wedgetail84.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #166261 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Early Diamond T's
...AFAIK the six cylinder 3306 came along years later than the 1673 and 1674, and these engines were for automotive applications. ? The industrial Cats were another kettle of fish...with different designations as well....
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #166262 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Early Diamond T's
Now sorry if I have gone back and rehashed and gone over what other people have said would appear I have missed some posts and said the same thing again good old foot in mouth again

The Cat D6 and 12 graders of the time frame I am talking about would have had 4600 series (I think thats what its called) Ian Oz can sought me out if I flanged this !!! in them unless its a earlier Cat motor and it could have come from a RD6 or 11 Grader a 3 cylinder cat

3300 I think is a lot later model than anything that I was thinking of

Paul

Yeah Defective is right in the post above Im pretty sure

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
8 years 4 months ago #166267 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Early Diamond T's
Can't speak for early 12s but the earlier 12Es had D333 and D318s it seems

More
8 years 4 months ago #166272 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Early Diamond T's
Probably pre-dates your 17K, had both rope start as well as crank pilot motor start. Then got really flash and came out with electric (12volt) pilot motor start. Guessing early 50's era. Summertime grader left with blade just off the ground and given a shunt with something to clutch start it, too lazy to fire up the pilot motor. Wintertime take the pre-cleaner off, have someone tip a cupful of petrol down the gullet and jump off the drive frame. Used to make 'em bark

More
8 years 4 months ago #166429 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Early Diamond T's
The pic shows a 969 model which was a lot lighter than the well-known 980/981 tank transporter tractor and would have had a Hercules petrol engine as built, but who knows what took place during all these years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds