Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220145 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
News Flash. Last week I finished up at Penske Australia- no parts to finish building the 6v53's so I'll leave them to the young fella to finish off when the parts eventually arrive. So for future postings I am now at the mercy of She Who Must Be Obeyed. This could take some time but stay tuned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1936ace, Blackduck59, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220166 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Overlander's old Photos
OVERLANDER
Inter Continental Ballistic Transport was run by a Greek Guy (one of Mick Travelos mates) back in the mid 1970's.
He had 2 KW cabovers, 350 Cummins 15 speed RR.
A few of Mick Travelos trucks had orange and black upholstery instead of the brown colour that was standard at the time.
Well this Greek guy decided to fancy up his brown KW brown door trims and painted every other segment pink, with enamel paint. It never dried. What a mess after a while!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander

More
3 years 1 day ago #220947 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
Trial Pic - next lot of Overlander's Photos.
Attachments:

More
3 years 1 day ago #220948 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, overlander, roKWiz, xspanrman, oliver1950, Mark60

More
3 years 22 hours ago #220983 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. I got to thinking when Ray helped post the W1000 brochure which I sent to him from my cell phone that I could do the same with truck photos- I'll try to improve my technique although I agree they will never be as good as scanned photos. But it's the only way I know how to continue the history. The Oshkosh was taken by Nifty- I took the photo of his photo on our last catch up- we never did see many Oshkosh trucks- Freight Transfer used to come through Nuriootpa along with every other truck so I used to park up on my treadlie by the Post Office corner and wait for the trucks to come along. I used to write down every truck I saw- Sound like a train spotter ???. I've still got those note books- Hoarder ????. And I've still got all the truck brochures I collected from the early 70's- even stuff I wrote to America for- Fanatic ???? And the brochures are filed from A to Z- obsessive compulsive disorder ??? Anyways, enjoy and don't adjust your sets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, xspanrman, Tassie Dan

More
3 years 11 hours ago #220993 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Overlander's old Photos
Overlander, without people like you with obsessions, we would have no recorded history on anything, let alone the transport industry in this country. I for one thank you, for not only keeping the record, but for sharing it all with us.
Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, Brocky45, Tassie Dan

More
3 years 9 hours ago #220994 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, roKWiz, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
3 years 9 hours ago #220995 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, Southbound, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
3 years 8 hours ago #220996 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Overlander's old Photos

wee-allis wrote: Overlander, without people like you with obsessions, we would have no recorded history on anything, let alone the transport industry in this country. I for one thank you, for not only keeping the record, but for sharing it all with us.
Steve.

Overlander, i agree 100% with wee-allis.

One of My biggest regrets in life is not taking More Photo's..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 11 months ago #221011 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound, xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds