Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215517 by overlander
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by overlander.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215518 by overlander
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 6 months ago #215519 by overlander
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 6 months ago #215523 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Went and saw Nifty today for a long overdue catch-up. Poor bugger is still having to endure a Covid test every week driving his F-liner to Brisbane and back every week. Anyways, I borrowed these photos from him and the Wheelchock AKA Cath helped out earlier to scan and post them. Check out the roo-bar on one of Ted Whiteheads Kenworths- didn't ever see many like that. And the Brambles Road Boss- there were 2 of them with Detroits but I never saw them at work to get a photo- I think these were the first in Australia but I may be wrong. And another photo of Gilbert's grub truck. Before starting on interstate with Goodwins with a 1418 Nifty worked at a winery in Angaston and he was able to get photos of the trucks that were loading out of there. In something like 4 hours we looked through 4 of his albums of 360 photos each. He has about 30 of them and about the same amount of discs with 400 odd on each. You do the sums- he's got one helluva collection and he still takes photos. I also borrowed 2 albums from him to scan and post collector's items photos so stay tuned and don't adjust your sets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Blackduck59, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215531 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Overlander's old Photos
That latest batch of Overlanders photos shows one of the KW "Grub" trucks, was it an ex-Camerons? Didnt think there were all that many of them made, was only familiar with the two of them. Another well known blast from the past was " Honest John" Kennelly's, knew a cupla blokes who worked on Bouganville back in the late sixties/ early seventies,when they were tied up with Brambles.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Dave_64.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215532 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Dave on page 3 there is a photo of the Gibert's truck that I took and another Grub taken at the Sydney Haulage terminal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215533 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Overlander's old Photos
Looking at the Brambles Road Boss the bonnet looks shorter than the later models, more like a White 9000 or is it the angle of the photo and think the later Road Boss had twin headlights
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Swanny.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215551 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Overlander's old Photos
Overlander,
Yep, had a look at those "grubs".
But does beg the question, ex- Camerons??
I know that at least one of theirs ended up in Brisbane on local delivery for Lindsay Fox when they took over Camerons, myself and another bloke drove it up there towing it's dog ( and copped a blister at Berowra for being overweight!).
I had only ever seen the two that Camerons had. One of them was painted up to go to the car races at the time (memory lapse as to whose car was ferried).Moffat Racing??
Maybe our resident KW guys can dig up just how many of them were actually made.
I recall the two six wheeler spread drives, mate of mine assures me that there was also a twin steer, spread drive rigid built, but never saw it myself.
Dave
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Dave_64.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215552 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Overlander's old Photos

Swanny wrote: Looking at the Brambles Road Boss the bonnet looks shorter than the later models, more like a White 9000 or is it the angle of the photo and think the later Road Boss had twin headlights

Swanny, That's a very rare Prototype of the Road Boss. 3 were Built. One still survives.
The family of Roger Marchetti (RIP) co-founder of the "Crawlin' the Hume" Run own It..

www.tradetrucks.com.au/features/1601/bos...hume-roger-marchetti

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215554 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Overlander's old Photos
Seed :Thanks for that info do you know what difference and specs the prototype Road Boss had over the White 9000? I know a bloke drove aWhite 9000 for Bruce Panucci back in the seventies When I worked for him & it was running a Cummins 250 with a 15 direct RR
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Swanny.

Time to create page: 0.654 seconds