Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
2 years 5 months ago #227602 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. The first photo of the 1418 was a Bienmanis transport- Had Girlock on the door, the White with the load of bottles coming through Grosser's S-bend was a Condon's, then the Bunker 6v71N Atkinson swinging it around the post office corner, the Golden Fleece collector's item fanging it up the main street towards the High School and Mr Hollit's 1418 sitting by the SBSA on Murray street- can't do that anymore- trucks are pretty much banned from the main street in Nuri and there are a lot more cars competing for the car parks. The color photos are a mixture of Nev's and mine - I see the day cab stock crate was a Frew from Tullamarine and thanks to Xspanrman I've since learnt that the W model tipper was a Richard Mansell. The wonders of Facebook. And that Mack does look good eh. I'll stick with color for a bit- I still have 2 of Nev's albums so I'll pick from them. All good

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, Tacho, xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227610 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Overlander's old Photos
Been following with interest the adventures of the kids standing on the post office corner in Nuriootpa, watching the trucks come and go.
When was the by-pass (and Nuri) finished, what year?
i can still recall doing the weekender out of Adelaide to Sydney for Camerons where you dropped into Nuri and did the hard left hander before heading up to Truro, early 70's I reckon,  
was quite a few years before stated going over that way again, maybe early to mid eighties and nearly all that had been bypassed by then!   

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Dave_64.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #227707 by overlander
Greetings. I can't remember when the by-pass of Nuri was finished- I may have been living abroad by then. The by pass is a good thing though but Truro still has the full flow. There is talk of a by pass there also and trucks also have to by pass the main street of Tanunda and Mr Booth had a camp in Tanunda so there is a fair bit of bobbing and weaving for trucks to get around the Barossa to conduct their business. Spent a lot of time at the P O corner. A Cobar Aggregate R model was parked back a bit from the stop sign- maybe getting some fodder so I was hanging around and I got the fright of my life when the driver retuned and hit the air starter. Never forget that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #227855 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227856 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227883 by overlander
Greetings. The Scania tipper was a Furz from Garden Vale, the blue R model was a A J Kendall from Orbost, the Kenworth was a J H Singleton from Glen Waverley. I'm not convinced I took all of these photos and the ones to come and the wind keeps re-locating my name credit when taking the photos out in the porch so we'll just assume some are mine and some are Nev's. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 years 5 months ago #227915 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227916 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, R.Buron, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227939 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Overlander's old Photos
G89 Volvos weren't common and day cabs ones even rarer. Maybe, with the oil tank, it was specced as a semi tipper.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227941 by overlander
Mammoth- if you are referring to the Friendly Transport Volvo I think the tank behind the cab was for fuel as I'm pretty sure Friendly used to run Adelaide-Darwin. Well, some of the trucks did. I'm not sure if some of these have been posted before bur it doesn't matter. More later.

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds