Skip to main content

Humber 1601

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #230241 by humber1601
Humber 1601 was created by humber1601
Dear Forum, first of all, thank you very much for adding me as a member. My name is Helmut Thöny from Austria. I am a retired goldsmith with a passion for old cars, specially Jaguar. Following your forum as a guest for several months, I wanted to share my restored Humber 1601 with you. I worked several month on restauration. Found this gem in Switzerland and it has no deep rust. It has only 2450 miles on and is the only one in Austria.

Looking forward to your comments

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, tim, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, Urchy87, overlander, paulc20, PaulFH, grandad and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230243 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Humber 1601
Nice restoration. A much nicer colour scheme than Army green.

Welcome to the forum.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 3 months ago #230244 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Humber 1601
Welcome to the Forum Helmut. Very nice restoration on the Humber. Any other toys hidden away in the shed?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230743 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Humber 1601
Welcome Helmut, a very well done restoration. You must be proud of your work on it. Was it a fire fighting vehicle?

More
2 years 3 months ago #230747 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Humber 1601
Humber1601 Hello Helmut. Welcome to the forum. That looks like a very nice military Humber. You are lucky to have found one with such low mileage. I have a friend who is a Humber enthusiast. I tried to interest him when two of this model Humber were offered for sale but he refused as he prefers Humber Snipes and Super Snipes. He also collects literature and last time I discussed it with him he said he had a copy of every brochure handbook parts book and workshop manual that the Humber company produced since World War Two.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 3 months ago #230770 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Humber 1601
Evening Helmut, that Humber sounds interesting

Don't know a lot about Jags, my uncle had a E type for as long as I can remember, it spent most of it's life up on blocks waiting to be a collectors item
It was sold this year as far as I know, just before my Uncle passed away I wonder if it will ever be a road going car again, it still ran okay but hadn't been driven in 40 years and was undercover the whole time, kinda sad really

It didn't take me long to go of on a tangent, oops

Anyway welcome and dont be afraid to share what ever you want, you would of noticed we talk about anything except politics and religion

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 3 months ago #230816 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Humber 1601
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 months 6 days ago #250643 by humber1601
Replied by humber1601 on topic Humber 1601
habe dieses Fahrzeug vor ca. 25 Jahren in der Schweiz um 72,-- Euro gekauft. Mit der Auflage, das Fahrzeug zu restaurieren und ich darf es nicht verkaufen. das habe ich versprochen, denn so ein Auto bekomme ich im Leben nur einmal. da ich Engländer Fan bin, habe ich noch 10 Jaguars, mercedes Paqgode, 4 Fiat 126, und viele mehr.ich glaube, es ist eine Krankheit. Wer sammelt schon 25 Autos. Gruss Helmut
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 months 6 days ago #250644 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Humber 1601
Helmut Thöny
gudday m8
me google did a translate

I bought this vehicle about 25 years ago in Switzerland for 72 euros. With the requirement that the vehicle be restored and I am not allowed to sell it. I promised that, because I'll only get a car like that once in my life. Since I'm an English fan, I still have 10 Jaguars, Mercedes Paqgode, 4 Fiat 126, and many more. I think it's a disease. Who collects 25 cars? Greetings Helmut

Thanks Helmut
any more pix of the collection of vehicles
thanx in advance
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Normanby, PaulFH, Brocky45

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds