Skip to main content

Bedford S

More
11 years 11 months ago #81957 by Mairjimmy
Bedford S was created by Mairjimmy
G/Day All,
I saw a S model with a bogy trailer on this forum somewere but can not find it again ,I was thinking at the time they must of had a down hill run when loaded and up hill back when empty. So here are 2 photos of our S around 1968 .I do not remember getting a tray truck licence but I did have one but for upgrade to semi I went to the police station and said I want to go and pick up a trailer and I need a semi licence but I havent a semi for the test,his comment was ,and you though a pregent nun had problems,but then he loaded up the type writer and typed me one out.My next requirement was to get a permitt to bring the unregested trailer home from Echuca ,he just typed it out :) :) :) :)

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81958 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bedford S
I do like the short little S. That top pic looks remarkably like one that is derelict up here but is fitted as a tipper, IIRC. Every now and then I get all misty about it but...

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

11 years 11 months ago #81959 by
Replied by on topic Re: Bedford S
Andy

stop getting misty eyeed you have enough projects "hows the Leyland going " . Dave :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #81960 by Andy Wright
I keep telling you, Dave. I don't own a Leyland. :)

11 years 11 months ago #81961 by
Replied by on topic Re: Bedford S
Whats the one you have out in that farm shed .

More
11 years 11 months ago #81962 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Re: Bedford S
Back in the day Bingera mill up at Bundy had a couple of these tippers, rigged up as filterpress spreaders.
They were the dirtiest, most filthy trucks ever.
Lived under the filterpress hopper then off to the cane fields and distribute the load.
Had a sprocket mounted out of the right drive hub and once they reached the paddock, they'd flip the chain over the sprocket to work the distributor mounted across the back of the tipper (same as blue metal screenings) then crawl up and down the rows.
That sprocket really scared us push bike riders, must have extended out almost a foot.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81963 by Andy Wright

Whats the one you have out in that farm shed .

Albion. ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #81964 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Bedford S
Lancashire and Scotland are both a long way north of Bedfordshire so probably same difference as far as Dave is concerned. ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds