Skip to main content

1000th Bayswater Kenworth

More
11 years 6 months ago #97749 by Young Fella
I called in on Jim and Andrew this week. Jim told me he was bringing the 1000th KW to Sandown. But for those of you who can't wait until then, here's a sneak peak. Enjoy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97750 by Cunning Stunt
I'm so glad that someone got it to restore it, especially with that awesome trim job. Who is it that actually got it, was it Kenworth?

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 6 months ago #97751 by Young Fella
No Cunning, KW did not get it. Apparently they turned up just after it was sold to the current owner. The truck is in remarkably good condition and I believe it will not get a full resto, but will be given a cosmetic dress up back to it's former colour scheme. I'm sure the current owner will have plenty of attention at Sandown.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97752 by Cunning Stunt
Great stuff. If you get them to look at the K100 Club website from the states there is brochures from the early 70's showing an american one with the matching colour scheme. Wish I was coming to Sandown to see it 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #97753 by jimbo51
Bruce, the KW Dealer group contacted both the seller and the buyer after the deal was done looking for a second bite or an on-sell and both parties remained true to the deal. There is still some integrity out there!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by jimbo51.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97754 by Cunning Stunt
That's good Jimbo, obviously gone to a good home. Sounds as though the new owner will be true to the restoration as well. How many have you seen with the interior like that in 2 tone?

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 6 months ago #97755 by Krusy
Replied by Krusy on topic Re: 1000th Bayswater Kenworth
Thanks for the pics Young Fella. Unfortunatly we are unable to go to Sandown >:( so this is the next best thing. I can only hope it shows up at Lancefield next year so I can check it out there. It looks in great condition and won't need much work.

Cheers Krusy

More
11 years 6 months ago #97756 by jimbo51

How many have you seen with the interior like that in 2 tone?

Was a standard KW option Bruce. They called it the Splendour kit. Not all that common though - back in 76/77 when the base price of a K125CR was about $59k the sleeper cab was an $1800 option and a further $380 for the splendour kit.

Recall early Travlos having either orange and black or red and black pleated upholstery.

11 years 6 months ago #97757 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1000th Bayswater Kenworth
Here you go guys....

[imghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8063/8166251397_98abbd3b32_b.jpg][/img]

Cheers James.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97758 by 82cabover
i wonder if it will do the rounds for a while then end up for sale for 3 times the price or more :-/

livin the dream oldskool is cool

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds