Skip to main content

putty road

More
11 years 3 months ago #100331 by thefatemu
Replied by thefatemu on topic Re: putty road
my best memary of the putty, 19yo newly lic, LNT with a 903 natual, 36ft bogie with a load of snot from Sydney and the Gong, leaving the spoon after tea and running thru the night,I was ten ft tall and bullet proof,30 odd years latter I have nearly grown up.wish I was 19 again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #100332 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: putty road

my best memary of the putty, 19yo newly lic, LNT with a 903 natual, 36ft bogie with a load of snot from Sydney and the Gong, leaving the spoon after tea and running thru the night,I was ten ft tall and bullet proof,30 odd years latter I have nearly grown up.wish I was 19 again.

I am 65 and did Bris twice a week on the Putty (no Syd to Newcastle freeway back then) The 10 mile of bends was the best part of the trip. Get used to not growing up, if you are like me, you never will. I have no intention to. Its too much fun being young.

More
11 years 3 months ago #100333 by Ray Bell
Replied by Ray Bell on topic Re: putty road
Yeah, why should we grow up?

That's why I love it when I have to go through Barraba to Gunnedah. Love it!

More
11 years 3 months ago #100334 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: putty road
People do not believe just how busy the Putty was back in the 60 and early 70's.After 8pm and until about midnight was pretty exciting if you were driving a slow one (1418 or Mandator) and the overnighters used to come through.about half a dozen of them at a time,right up each others asses ! Then the same in reverse about 3 to 6 in the morning when they are all going the other way.Fun times and I wouldn''t

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #100335 by overnite

People do not believe just how busy the Putty was back in the 60 and early 70's.After 8pm and until about midnight was pretty exciting if you were driving a slow one (1418 or Mandator) and the overnighters used to come through.about half a dozen of them at a time,right up each others asses ! Then the same in reverse about 3 to 6 in the morning when they are all going the other way.Fun times and I wouldn''t

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by overnite.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #100336 by
Replied by on topic Re: putty road

Dose anyone remember the old bus at Darkey Creek. An old lady lived there for around 30 years or so, with her own little paradice with a creek just a few yards away no electricity, she had her gardens there. She was in her 80's when she died . I used to pass there for years and you could see smoke fron the chimney and a dull light on in the nite. I stopped there one day to have a piddle and she came out so i thought i would have a chat but she was waving a stick telling me the error of my ways. Never got to have a chat. It's interesting why a lady would live there for so many years in relative isolation. She was probaly quite happy...

Just to add the Old lady didn't die there as folklore says
she was still 83 years old and it got too much for there and went into a nursing home at scone. The story of her life there is truly interesting. RIP Desiree 1925 / 2008.

More
11 years 3 months ago #100337 by HEOFTHEHUM
Replied by HEOFTHEHUM on topic Re: putty road
Dont forget the "GREASY SPOON",on the Putty, I spend the morning down in Brissy a couple a weeks ago with Larry Windshuttle, its good to go back.
People say you cant live in the past,but a happy memory/experience of a different time is always pleasant to contemplate, unfortunately, you also remember mates that have moved on.

More
11 years 3 months ago #100338 by overnite

Dont forget the "GREASY SPOON",on the Putty, I spend the morning down in Brissy a couple a weeks ago with Larry Windshuttle, its good to go back.
People say you cant live in the past,but a happy memory/experience of a different time is always pleasant to contemplate, unfortunately, you also remember mates that have moved on.

Larry Windshuttle, another of the Comet ODs, as well as brother Vic.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds