Skip to main content

Old Interstate Rego Plates

More
11 years 3 months ago #102293 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Old Interstate Rego Plates
Found I had a Vic one on the wall of the shed :D

The Flintstone was on I S plates when I got it, when the rego was due (40 or 50 $, not much anyway) I had to get a roadworthy in NSW, stopped opposite an old garage in Musslebrook and asked the bloke there, he asked if that was it over the road, I said Yes, he said "It looks good" and proceded to write out a roadworthy cert. too easy.

Trust me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #102294 by oldbob70
G`Day Hoarder & Oldfulla

The first series of WA IS plates Ran from UIS 1 To UIS 499 or500--- and were White on black--my first was UIS 49 The next run was up to UIS 999 Black on yellow but i don`t think they were ever all issued[there was not that many of us in WA who were full time Interstaters]

When WA federal interstate plates came in they were issued as the previous years rego ran out. My Scania rego date was 2 January-- so after going over the pits I was issued with WA federal interstate No 1

In WA trailers were registered seperately to Prime mover and as plates were pressed in Pairs every time you licenced a trailer you got a spare plate--- I still have the one off my first Triaxle Mcgrath UIS 791

XIS is a normal car rego I have seen them running around--- BE prefix is Beverly in the WA wheat belt.
Oldbob70

More
11 years 3 months ago #102295 by hayseed

G`Day Hoarder & Oldfulla

The first series of WA IS plates Ran from UIS 1 To UIS 499 or500--- and were White on black--my first was UIS 49 The next run was up to UIS 999 Black on yellow but i don`t think they were ever all issued[there was not that many of us in WA who were full time Interstaters]

When WA federal interstate plates came in they were issued as the previous years rego ran out. My Scania rego date was 2 January-- so after going over the pits I was issued with WA federal interstate No 1

In WA trailers were registered seperately to Prime mover and as plates were pressed in Pairs every time you licenced a trailer you got a spare plate--- I still have the one off my first Triaxle Mcgrath UIS 791

XIS is a normal car rego I have seen them running around--- BE prefix is Beverly in the WA wheat belt.
Oldbob70

Hey, Bob. That wouldv'e been real Handy. I'd reckon ;) ;) ;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 3 months ago #102296 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Old Interstate Rego Plates
In the days of "road tax" I always had number plates that I could "use". 8-)

Trust me

More
11 years 3 months ago #102297 by oldbob70
G`dAY
Did a bit of Homework yesterday with photos and magnifying glass--- there was a 6IS series between UIS and WA federal Plates
OLDBOB70

More
11 years 3 months ago #102298 by hoarder1
Nice to read some of the other posts on this topic. I might as well post this picture to show a few examples of these plate types. Not meant to be a definitive collection by any means, but you have to start somewhere:

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
11 years 3 months ago #102299 by werkhorse
I see you have a Tassie cart licence plate ...... Got quite a collection of those myself ...... Do you have any area code plates to go with it? I also have a booklet that explains the areas and what was allowed to be carted where.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds