Skip to main content

ATHS Truck show in Yakima - CS on Tour

More
10 years 11 months ago #116841 by Cunning Stunt
That's right, after waiting for around 12 months its finally arrived. Thanks to Aerodyne aka Chappo, I am very priveliged to be joining him and seven other guys on a trip of a life time.

Here's the speel. Tomorrow at 10am we fly out of Sydney to LA and get picked up by one of Chappo's mate and taken to Fontana. Terry Klenske is the head of the ATHS and fortunately a mate of Chappo's. We will load Terry's trucks and have been invited to steer them to Yakima near Seattle. A total of 1080 Miles 8-) 8-) 8-)

At this stage we are taking his 51 Kenworth, early W Model, a couple of Petes and after a drunken suggestion, I should be steering a 1962 Freightliner with a 220 Cummins and a 5x3 trans :o :o :o

I'll endeavour to post photos along the way as long as we can log on over there. Hard to believe its here. Yes, I have the best wife ever. I'm repaying the favour to Mrs Cunning by letting her join me in Hawaii after the two weeks but in the meantime, time to start gear jamming :) :) :)

Have fun at work :D :D :D

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116842 by bigcam
Hey, good one Bruce. Looking forward to the trip unfolding.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116843 by
...y'aaaalll have a great trip now fellas on that big trip of a liiife tiiime ;D ;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-)

...stay safe for each other and keep us all posted....cheers :) :) :) :'( :'(

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116844 by
Good luck guys.... You will all be extremely impressed upon your arrival at Fontana,Terry Klenske operates a "EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE" show there (Dalton Trucking) and also a more impressive collection.That impressive you can eat off his shed floor and all the trucks start with the turn of a key..... Cheers James.

ps. Why waste your time in Hawaii when you could spend the extra time at the best holiday resort in the world?????

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116845 by Chocs
Got this shot at the Airport this morning..
Can you imagine letting this bunch of jokers loose in your shed full of bangas :-/

Bruce i got a call from ATHS, apparently for your convenience there will be gearbox change stations placed every 350 yards.
They also advised there is a DAF fitted with an Autoshift should you get tired of the stop / start driving.

In the cabs of the twin stickers, they usually have a 'swear box' for every time you miss a cog...
I told Ol Mate the drama you have driving ya Hilux..
He is gunna cut a slot in a reefer box! :D

Take care you blokes..
See ya soon.

chocs 8-)

[IMG

More
10 years 11 months ago #116846 by Chocs
Hey Chappo..
Ya left ya phone in me ute!!

A bloke wants to know what time you'll be finished the service on his 908? :-/

I told him half past June..
Not real sure he was happy with that.. :D

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 11 months ago #116847 by hayseed
Hey Chocs',
Is the Pic before 0r After they went through customs :-/ :-/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 11 months ago #116848 by Chocs
Still on our side of the fence 'Seed

chocs 8-)

10 years 11 months ago #116849 by
There are another couple blokes going also from forum being >> Murray, Mad Morris and they also driving 2 trucks . Dave

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116850 by
.....jeeeez i didn't realise Richard Branson was gonna fly them there personally....

....looks like he's chucked a few pounds on though 8-) 8-) 8-)

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds