Skip to main content

Mildura Truck Show.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138470 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Good one Raggsie, wanted to go, work commitments, etc.
Hamilton next month!!
Gilly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138471 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Raggsie did you drive the International overnighter up ;) ;)

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #138472 by Raggsie
Replied by Raggsie on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Roger that Browny, We`re racking up the miles while the opportunity exists. (in the day light) :)

here`s a line up from the 50s, more to follow later.
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Raggsie.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138473 by Raggsie
Ok I will try something here, I`ll stick a few pics up and link to the album.

First time I have seen this one in the flesh, had a talk to Tony Kuchell and got a few ideas :-X

Plenty of top restorations on a multitude of gear.

Secretary Moose had an original C line on display.

Big trucks also made an appearance, albeit in a smaller proportion to the smaller gear.

Even a little Fraulein managed to sneek in :-?

Something different for everybody.

See how we go here is a link to the album as well. :-/

[ftp] s1171.photobucket.com/user/Raggsie/slide...rucks/Mildura%202014 [/ftp]

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #138474 by Roderick Smith
I've had some Sunraysia trucks up before, in a different thread. Here is Psyche Bend in 2003.
< www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1299909127/0#0> ;
also reply 4 in the same thread: a gaggle at Murrayville to meet a special steam train.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Roderick Smith.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138475 by Battleduck
Replied by Battleduck on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Was good catching up with you Raggsie. Couldn't ask for better weather, perfect for getting out and about. Some different trucks there than you see down Melbourne way. Took 9 hours to get home and picked up a couple of oil leaks as well.
Daryl. :P

More
10 years 1 week ago #138476 by Acar DC7564
Replied by Acar DC7564 on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Thanks for putting those pics up Raggsie , I would have loved to get up there again but me truck aint quite ready yet , although I felt so guilty not getting to crawlin da hume with it I put in full weekend last Anzac long w/end and got a bit of basecoat colour on the bunk and now I just gotta put a bit of clear over when weather and work permits . The joys of trying to do a 'good' paint job under a carport ! Hey Raggsie I'm glad you got to speak to Tony K. although his main interest has been hot rods I rekon he is looking a little towards the old truck scene a bit now as he and another bloke are spending a bit of time working on a F1800D Loadstar Inter , not to mention a pretty colourful and prosporous 60 od year history in carrying , starting with Inter trucks . cheers Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
9 years 11 months ago #138477 by Rusty54
Replied by Rusty54 on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.
Hi all,

Just found this thread today, and considering I'm from the area and Dad and I have had vehicles on display at the inaugural show and the latest held a month ago, I thought I could introduce some of our trucks to you all among pictures of other trucks shown this year.

The weather was great this year, got a little sunburnt and spent the whole of Saturday checking out some great machinery and talking to some interesting blokes.
There was plenty of room left for a lot more entrants and hopefully this event can build in years to come because it is a great spectacle and fits in well with Mildura's "Power Sports" action every Easter holidays.

Firstly, a couple of pictures of dad's little 49 Inter KB-3 tray that he loves to cruise around in when he's not in a hurry. He just had the inside re-upholstered but the outside will remain as is. What's left of the paint was a brush job from the 70's.

[IMG

The restored KB-3 makes for a great before and after comparison.......
[IMG

Then we have our 52 Ford F8 tray, it has the 2 speed diff, 239ci flathead etc. and cruises at 60mph effortlessly :)

[IMG

[IMG

Next we have our 42 Ford Blitz made into a crane, cable operated and in full working condition.
We have used this quite a few times since purchasing it and it works well. It's not 4wd because a taller ratio rear diff was installed so it could travel faster on the road.
I haven't been able to find any info on the company that is sign written on the crane (Churchill's of Parafield) so we would love to know if anybody came across this company? Presuming it is Parafield in Adelaide where the little airport is......

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Finally we have our Ford Blitz monster......not sure of the year.
This truck was converted by some talented men (last name of Bailey) in the Wentworth area many decades ago and was first run with Cadillac V8 engines.
The monster currently runs a big Bedford deisel.
It was designed to fill in large trenches created when installing deep drainage or irrigation lines and is infinitely handy at filling in trenches between rows of citrus trees or vines.
There are two size blades that are bolted on to the upright diffs, these are shaft driven back to a gearbox that is in turn chain driven from another gearbox......levers and rams and gearsticks everywhere with two men needed to operate it, although my Dad modified it slightly so he could do everything while driving backwards if he couldn't find a willing helper.
She's a back breaker that requires a lot of concentration and skill.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

I will post some more pics later that I have that aren't already posted on this thread.

H.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138478 by Raggsie
Thanks for the info Rusty, I was wondering what that thing was for.
I figured it must have been an early fertiliser spreader or the like.
Rags

More
9 years 11 months ago #138479 by Rusty54
Replied by Rusty54 on topic Re: Mildura Truck Show.

Thanks for the info Rusty, I was wondering what that thing was for.
I figured it must have been an early fertiliser spreader or the like.
Rags

We certainly heard some funny musings standing around listening to people......best was a hay cutter i thought ;D

Just imagine seeing this thing on the highway on its way to Renmark?!?! Apparently the original owners drove it there for jobs when needed, late seventies, early eighties.
It does have a bonnet but needs some repairs for it to go back on.

Here is a YouTube link showing it running briefly at the 2013 show.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds