Skip to main content

North along the Newell..

More
8 years 1 week ago #169867 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic North along the Newell..
We been inspecting the rocket ready for the trip, so far everything looking good. No confirmation of participants yet, is sneaking up on us though.
Next year Sarge, give you time to prepare the old Acco.
Braggsy has been playing with some juice brakes issue, no doubt he will have the Snitzelburger tweaked up to get that flame from the stack, heard he was in Bairnsdale at the steering geometry place getting the flash laser beam measurements to make sure she was all trued up so that he can keep up with the Dodge :woohoo:

Stay tuned for further updates as we go, Nth, on the Newell.

Gilly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #169868 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic North along the Newell..
Gilly

We Queenslanders really appreciate the effort you blokes are putting in. You will be welcomed with open arms (no kisses) no matter whether it is 2 or 200.

Lang

More
8 years 1 week ago #169870 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic North along the Newell..
Love to come Gilly, but don't think I can.. Pity, it would be a great trip. Still, you never know!

More
8 years 1 week ago #169871 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic North along the Newell..
Looking forward to seeing/meeting some of you blokes.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 days ago #170101 by gilly
Time is ticken, put the old trailer into the Big wheels alignment joint today,hmm,just some slight adjustment required :blush: , front axle out by 18mm, rear out 17mm, they trued it all up, should be ok for the long haul.

Oil changes, minor adjustments here & there, looking forward to the big departure.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170290 by tim
Replied by tim on topic North along the Newell..
I rang Gilly this morning to wish him & the boys a safe trip & he was already on his way. He had the phone on hands free & I could'nt hear him, all I could hear was that Bloody Detroit going crazy in front of him. Sure hope he has some earmuffs, cos it's a long time to get to Brissy. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
7 years 11 months ago #170315 by gilly
Thanks for sharing my love of the little Detroit Timmy. All good, early departure, caught up with Braggsy at Wallan, had a coffee, cracked the whip then got rolling. Braggsy led the way to the first stop out of Tocumwal, then we headed out across the flat country, amusing to watch the Benz Huff & Puff some coal from the stacks in the gentle breeze, at least until he got back in behind some trees, then away he went again, I believe his speedo could be out a fraction :ohmy:
Had the Kutchells(unsure of spelling of surname, apologies if incorrect), join the convoy, a short stop at West Wyalong, then into Forbes, Bernie & his better half in town waiting, then off to dinner.
Frenchie will land her later tonight, followed by Tacho sometime tomorrow for a get together tomorrow night.
Pics when i work out how to get them from my phone........

More
7 years 11 months ago #170318 by gilly
[IMG

Little rigs parked in amoungst the BIG boys

[IMG

More
7 years 11 months ago #170319 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic North along the Newell..
Thanks Gilly for the report, I should of went to Tocumwal to wave you off, "what", has Tacho got the White fired up or is he doing it in comfort ;) :cheer:
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #170328 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic North along the Newell..
Thanks Gilly, will see you blokes tomorrow.

Although the Dodge/Inter cab was always sporty and sleek, the Mercedes had a substantial presence in the 60/70 era. They both look like runts beside the modern fleet. Wonder if those trucks will be going to shows in 50 years time?

Lang

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds