Skip to main content

Lancefield 2017 - 25/26 Feb Lancefield Showgrounds

More
7 years 2 months ago #179800 by bparo
Well got the truck out today, washed it then found an oil leak, well not so much a leak as a fountain every time the engine revved. Found 2 nuts and the T piece on the oil filter all gave 1/8th to 1/4 of a turn. Took it for a drive to get fuel and catch up with a couple of people in town and it isn't drooling oil any more (and yes there is a lot in it)

so went to check the XP Ute as a backup plan. It hadn't been driven for a while and needed 5 minutes on the charger as there wasn't quite enough oomph for the starter motor.

So I will be there for Saturday. which vehicle? it depends what I find when I open the shed in the morning

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179802 by Mairjimmy

bparo wrote: Well got the truck out today, washed it then found an oil leak, well not so much a leak as a fountain every time the engine revved. Found 2 nuts and the T piece on the oil filter all gave 1/8th to 1/4 of a turn. Took it for a drive to get fuel and catch up with a couple of people in town and it isn't drooling oil any more (and yes there is a lot in it)

so went to check the XP Ute as a backup plan. It hadn't been driven for a while and needed 5 minutes on the charger as there wasn't quite enough oomph for the starter motor.

So I will be there for Saturday. which vehicle? it depends what I find when I open the shed in the morning

Bruce wouldn't worry too much about the oil leak just take the muffler off and think it's a GM 653.

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
7 years 2 months ago #179863 by bparo

Mairjimmy wrote: Bruce wouldn't worry too much about the oil leak just take the muffler off and think it's a GM 653.

The wife decided to come and wanted her mobility scooter so the XP came out to play yesterday. It was a good day, if you got out of the wind it was sunny and pleasant but in the wind was as different issue - it went straight through you. Hopefully today was a better day at the show.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy

More
7 years 2 months ago #179869 by oldgmc
Similar experience at Balla swap, wind was freezing but when it dropped it got quite hot jumper on jumper off etc

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds