Cruisin' the Yorke Peninsula

More
7 years 2 months ago #179811 by Tacho
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179878 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Cruisin' the Yorke Peninsula
Ol Donny is leading the way to the Sth Aust border, he assures me he will hug the white line in the big Ford. A big trip for the little Dodge, coming back via Berri, Dodge spares to be procured for the growing fleet.
Put the billy on Tacho, we be leavin soon..
Gilly

More
7 years 1 month ago #179880 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Cruisin' the Yorke Peninsula
Righto Gilly, I had better start rubbing a couple of sticks together so I have a fire going in time. You are travelling with an important person because we don't start the show until Donny turns up. I have my Patrol at Berri Diesel getting a bigger rubber band fitted and hope to catch up with the Dodge parts store-man on Wednesday.

See you in a couple of weeks. Geoff

More
7 years 1 month ago #179931 by atkipete
Will be over on the Friday, looking forward to catching up with the SA folk again.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179932 by gilly
Hi Tacho, The butcher man has cut up some prime steaks for me to take on this trip, room for them in the frigerator. Looking forward to the barby with the King George Whiting from the gulf.
Gilly

More
7 years 1 month ago #180493 by gilly
A bit concerned with crossing the border into SA next week, might have to put a couple of batteries the solar panels on the trailer for some power, is this under the category of BYO. :unsure:

I hear ol Bernie is travelling down with his guitar from up Nth, another traveller coming in from the West, & a couple of us from the East. Been a long time since one has gone down the hill from the Eagle, hope the Dodge has enough air tank supply for them brakes :blink:
looking at leaving Thursday for this one...
Gilly

More
7 years 1 month ago #180494 by atkipete
A flash new freeway into Adelaide now but the last downhill bit still demands respect and has claimed a few lives.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180506 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Cruisin' the Yorke Peninsula
Gilly, have you had those "Jakes" fitted yet. That's the best way to go down the hill, it lets other road users know you're coming also. Have fun ol sun. Cheers Tim ;)
ps I was down in the area of the other one this week but did'nt know where to go looksee.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
7 years 1 month ago #180507 by gilly
Tim,
I hooked the air hose up to them thingy ma jigs on the top of the heads, had oil go every-where, so we be looking for the Detroit manual to see how they work. No one seems to want to play with the 2 bangers now, ol chief engineer threw the book out on "how to do" this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

More
7 years 1 month ago #180523 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Cruisin' the Yorke Peninsula
Just give it a gutful Gilly you should only need to stop once at the crossroads..
Used to come down the old road and use the brakes three times..The less you use them the less they smoke !!!

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds