Skip to main content

Quambatook Vintage Rally 23-24 Jan 2010

More
14 years 3 months ago #21098 by bparo
I am thinking of driving across to look at the event this weekend. Has anybody been before?

I have been told it is on the same grounds used for the National Tractor Pulling titles at Easter and Quambatook isn;t that big so it should be easy enough to find

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21099 by Jake Brake
Hi Bruce, Quambatook is about a 1hr 45min drive from Echuca. It isn't a big town so you shouldn't have any trouble finding the National Tractor Pulling grounds. If in doubt ask a local.
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21100 by bparo
I got to Quambatook on Saturday and paid my admission only to find the main day was the Sunday. If you like Lanz Bulldog Tractors it would have to be one of the biggest gatherings of them I had seen with them making up about 1/3 of the total show.

There were 2 trucks, one chassis and one ute. the 1945 Chav had a body I had never seen before which looked like it was for grain as there were no explanatory signs

International AS160

Unknown Truck Chassis under restoration (any clues?)

1945 Chev

Signwriting with a permanent marker!

As I said I thought it may be a grain body or similar but there doesn't seem to be any way of opening it

EH Holden Ute (hopefully they didn't tow a bulldog on the trailer behind the old girl)

For those who want to look at tractors and other machinery try this link www.flickr.com/photos/bparo2003/sets/72157623187337479/

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 3 months ago #21101 by Andy Wright
Love the colours in your pics, Bruce. Looks like a good day. Weather certainly looks the part.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

14 years 3 months ago #21102 by
Bparo

The unknown Chassis is a International and looks very similar to my 1927 SL34

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 months ago #21103 by Swishy

BruceMan
GuddayM8

RE: had a body I had never seen before
May B for cartn grapes for ruffred wine

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 3 months ago #21104 by Sarge
Bruce, the Chev body looks like a fairly standard home made grain body, about 70 or 80 bags, though usually they did not have a vertical rear end, and normally sat directly onto the truck tray, the floor of the tray would have grain traps & chutes fitted right down the centre, with individual or joint operating levers. I have one of each, that is, one on a tray and one directly on the chassis. Judging by the lack of lights and u bolts holding the bin on, I am guessing the truck lost its tray and the bin was a quick cover up. If it was loaded, the bin frame looks like it would catch the wheels.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21105 by bigcam
Great pics Bruce,the Bulldogs seem quite popular down there.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21106 by bparo
It is grain country around there so they like their big tractors. I don't think I have ever seen so many Bulldogs in one place - particularly as a percentage of total exhibits.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21107 by Andy Wright
Forgive the stupid thought, it's not a bottom-dumping bin is it?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds