Skip to main content

Crawlin the Hume .......... March 27th & 28th 2021

More
3 years 1 month ago #220076 by cobbadog
Hope that everyone taking part in this great event has the best of times. Travel safe guys and plaster the forum with pics please.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #220077 by PDU

One for Swishy to sleep on . . .
. . . it was almost Willie Nelson's On the Road Again
or maybe you'd prefer Dave Dudley's version? ;)

Enjoy your ride everyone B)
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220093 by husky
Have a good time swishy, and take loads of video or photos as we are a little to far away to make it but hope its a good one ,

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220098 by Swishy
JonD
Gudday m8

Az ewe no n eye no
there B 3 types of ppl in this world
Ones th@ can count
n those th@ cant

Fridee night B 4 crawlin I spent the nidht @ the Brown empire
n now dunno id eye lost a day or gaind a day
LOL
heaps of videos n fotos were taken
n my lot R stihl in box browny wait n on be n developd
in the mean thyme try Google or Youtube
good time had by orll
also met Lang n Bev @ Albury finishin line
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220107 by hayseed
There's heaps of Pics & Videos here..(& it's a Public Group)

www.facebook.com/groups/2402359426748654

I Too caught up with Lang & Bev this Morning..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, eerfree, PaulFH, husky

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220118 by Lang
Great event and we managed to put faces to a few names but missed bragsy for some reason.

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220120 by steveb
He was there Lang , only too many people to catch up with everyone saw your camp but regret not having time to get over to see you , old mate did a radiator at Violet town saw was behind time all weekend .........Steve

More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #220127 by bparo
We made it! My Dodge was given weekend release from the auto electrician Friday Morning 10:30am to go back this morning for finishing off.

Friday night was at the Cooloroo Hotel and we took off Saturday morning to find the headlights worked but the dash lights didn't so I decided to follow Jarrod Blair as I knew he could see his speedo. Then the rain started and the passenger wiper worked but just smeared shit everywhere and the driver's side didn't move. It turns out the drivers side had a broken circlip. So when we stopped at bunker hill to get our travelling group together I went to buy some rainex - they didn't have any. As I had followed Jarrod Blair out that far so knew if I could see him clearly until I was about 6 seconds behind him so I followed 5 seconds behind. I did clean the windscreen and from then on the water ran off rather than build up improving things but still not perfect.

We went along with Jarrod leading and Brenton following, A Dodge sandwich with ACCO bread, until Broadford where we made a bakery stop and Brenton kept going but James Finn caught up to us in his Kenworth Tipper. He wanted to go last to see if he could hear the V8s in his cabin. Leaving there we were heading off the highway towards Tallarook? and as we turned off the highway there was a bridge with concrete escarpments either side. I let Jarrod get ahead and put the foot down to "Load exhaust" and it echoed off the concrete giving onlookers (and James) a big grin.

Then the rain cleared and we were heading on a stretch of the modern highway when a black and red dodge AT4 with a step side tub but a similar stance to mine was spotted approaching in the right hand lane. I slowed back to give myself some room and they drew level. Big thumbs up to each other and I put the foot down to "Load Exhaust" and we both accelerated away staying side by side until I had to back off. At this point I checked the mirrors again and there was still no other traffic so we both dropped back and repeated the performance. This time there was other traffic approaching so they kept going and I stayed in our 'mini convoy" of 3. I saw them in a petrol station in Avenal but too late to pull in. I don't think they were in the run as I never saw them again!

When we got to Winton I found out that both Jarrod and James had been trying to work out how to get footage of us playing without losing control of their vehicles as it looked (and sounded) cool.

After Winton we trundled off and got stuck in Wangaratta in a traffic jam. We would wait a few minutes, move forward about 3 car lengths and pause again. We were stopped so long Google thought we had been at KFC. During this time the temperature gauge on the Dodge went from 170 to 220 and I started to get a bit concerned as it was the first time I had the Dodge in traffic. I was listening and it was still idling ok and once clear of the traffic and moving the temperature dropped back again.
However it was more prone to having the temperature rise at traffic lights etc from then on and Jarrod's clutch leg was giving out so we decided to bypass the racecourse and head straight to our accommodation - prompted by phone calls from the accommodation as we were running about an hour later than normal. The thought was to get the Dodge to the night stop while it wasn't showing signs of overheating except on the gauge and check the water level in the morning as I thought the temperature fluctuations may have been due to low water levels in the radiator. If the motor had started idling roughly (like the inter and XP did when they got hot) I would have pulled over.
Anyway Sunday morning checks showed no drop in water level and no oil usage either, both good signs, so we drove to the racecourse then headed home down the Murray Valley Highway, stopping at a winery in Rutherglen and then a Yarrawonga Bakery for lunch. I topped up the fuel in Echuca and getting back in noticed the floor was slippery around the "clutch - foot rest", then I noticed oil on the top of my shoe. By the time I got home there was another drop on my shoe. Either the oil pressure gauge or the line to it has sprung a leak when warm and under pressure.
I cleaned up the mess when I got home and there was no leak heading to the Auto electrician this morning but they have been made aware of the issue and are going to replace the gauge with one that takes a sensor on the engine rather than an oil line to it.
Other changes to the dash have the amp gauge replaced with a Tachometer (Smiths brand) and we need to get the fuel gauge working.
Not bad for a 714km test run

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, geoffb, cobbadog, tim, Morris, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220148 by Swishy
Friday night @ the Brown Empire @ Tom az town
on arrival the street twaz lined with sum ol bangers
met up with a few of the ol suspects
The drinx n BBQ went down well B 4 CtH nex morn n
Thanx to Browny & his bride

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, tim, PaulFH, husky, Southbound, xspanrman, oliver1950

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #220149 by Swishy
Smore culprix

The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, PaulFH, husky, Southbound, Tacho

Time to create page: 0.663 seconds