Skip to main content

Golden Oldies Truck Show

• Topic Author
15 years 8 months ago #1078 by
Replied by on topic Re: Golden Oldies Truck Show
Well im back after doing about 1800 klms and what a show it was just great lots sunshine and lots of trucks about 200 and about 80 tractors and lots of people if you werent there you missed a atop show and we acan only hope it will be on again. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 8 months ago #1079 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Golden Oldies Truck Show
Dedly Dave
GuddayM8

U can tell us all wotcha like about the show
But we gotta have evidense
Exhibit 'A'
Pix
Please give till it hurtz
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 8 months ago #1080 by Andy Wright

Well im back after doing about 1800 klms

Hey Dave, did you come down the Newell at all around Tocumwal or was it back roads all the way?

We missed the turn off for Melbourne in Yea (chatting) and ended up at the Alexandra turn off 14 km down the road before we realised our mistake. Turned out to be a good mistake as saw a couple old trucks in farms and passed Podge coming the other way.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
15 years 8 months ago #1081 by
Replied by on topic Re: Golden Oldies Truck Show
Andy back roads all the way zig zaged to Gooramadda and then down the Hume via Yea.
You know Vic soon better than us. DAVE ;D ;D

More
15 years 8 months ago #1082 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Golden Oldies Truck Show
I would have loved to have been there but couldn't get the time off (I even had to workthe weekend and there is no overtime in my industry but I did get paid normal rates). The managers of the project think hat everyone is available 24/7 without notice!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 8 months ago #1083 by huppypuppy

Crikey, am I glad I moved to the east coast1 Great show, well run and wonderful camaraderie. Good to meet those I did. See you next year if not before!

Looks like I managed to sign up some new readers for ACC as well.

Andy me mate,

You're welcome to visit Dubbo any time, and especially the Golden Oldies club - if and when you do, we'll have that beer and barbie I want to have! I'm inviting you, Jodi and the family, Bruce and Rachel Gunter, Murray Langford, Paddy Ward (the owner of the magnificent blue 1974 Kenworth W Model!), Dave Horne, the Corstorphan gang and anyone else!

Need a portapotty though - call the gang from Splashdown and bring up one, eh???!!! Either that, or I'll ring me mates at Sam's Hire in Dubbo - whatever we decide, it's gonna be needed!

Joe

PS: Bring Monty as well - we could do with the character in him!

More
15 years 8 months ago #1084 by huppypuppy

I will be in Dubbo Thurs night or early Fri morn so i can go for ride in the road run see you there Andy. Dave

Dave,

You just wanted to go on the road run just to drive Eminson's Brockway, didn't ya??!! I seen ya! That waz me standing by the side of the road in West Dubbo as you drove by - thought it might've been Ed though... that's why I did it! Mate, it musta been confusing with the range change found where the splitter usually is, eh?

Joe

More
15 years 8 months ago #1085 by podge66
The Golden Oldies would be the best Truck show around. The location and quaulity and quanity of trucks was great. We got off to a late start with putting the gearbox into the Diamond T Thursday aftern ;Doon, loading 7.00 pm onto truck , picked up club trailer Friday morning, pack cloths and gear leaving Lilydale at 12.00. Got up the road to give the Acco a drink of Diesel at Glenburn , leaving $650.00 less. Up to Shepparton and stopped for lunch at Wahring roadhouse, on the road and hear safety chains dragging at Strathmerton so stopped at Yarraweir for a look. Raced over the border to Toc______ got d shackles and non stop to West Wylong for tea. At 11.30 into Dubbo and drop the trailer at show grounds. The next morning back to Showgrounds to unload but it was a bit cool and the GM turned the nose up with no start. Ended up with a bit of laughing gas and jump start from Daves ute. With the GM running of the truck and a drought wash Dave and l woke the rest of Dubbo showground up with a quick 7 or 8 gearchange sqirt. We managed to get a park in the shed. ;D

More
15 years 8 months ago #1086 by Andy Wright

Need a portapotty though

Are you saying we're full of s*it?!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #1087 by huppypuppy
Andy me mate,

That wasn't intended! I just don't need people trudgin' through the house - I always think ahead for events like that!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds