Skip to main content

Rusty Iron Rally 2022

More
1 year 8 months ago #238257 by cobbadog
Hands up anyone who is going to this years RIR.
Rally entry forms are now out and if attending I suggest that you fill them out and send them away ASAP as positions are filling up fast but they do need to know how many meal they need to provide. The usual Friday night dinner, Saturday and Sunday breakfast and the Rally Dinner on Saturday night.
Hope to see you there this year.
It's not looking good to have the tray on Lorry finished painted so just working towards getting the light board back on and working and the front load board painted all due to light showers of rain, thank you big fella.
Cheers Cobba

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #238742 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Rusty Iron Rally 2022
Well only have Lorry to bath and then everything is ready to load up and connect the caravan as well. Thought I would show you what David looked like when he came here to live. By Friday morning Lorry will be loaded with David and the pair of mowers then all I need to do is connect the caravan up and go. I washed the van today get all that Queensland stuff off it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, oliver1950, COFFMAN

More
1 year 7 months ago #238765 by cobbadog
Lorry has been loaded up with a couple of mowers and David now sits proudly on the back. All I need to do is connect the caravan in the morning after we fill the fridge in the van and go. Can't wait to be up there having fun like everyone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian

More
1 year 7 months ago #238766 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Rusty Iron Rally 2022
Have a good weekend Cobba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris

More
1 year 7 months ago #238769 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Rusty Iron Rally 2022
You have a really great set-up there Cobba. Enjoy!

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 7 months ago #238771 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Rusty Iron Rally 2022
Out and about with ones toys, life doesn't get much better

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 7 months ago #238777 by cobbadog
I will obvious take a lot of pictures over the next few days so as and when I can I will post them up.
Thanks for the good wishes but having fun is the biggest rule of play time and we do it in style. Our fun will start afte Dee and I finish doing the engine scruitineering then it's fun fun and more fun.

More
1 year 7 months ago #238786 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Rusty Iron Rally 2022
Cobbadog and Cobbarette, give those engines a good scruit. Are you doing it officially to award prizes or trophies on behalf of the club, or are you just doing it for fun? I would be there but it is too far from home for me. I can't wait for your pictures.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 7 months ago #238860 by cobbadog
Dee and I are just 2 of the Scrutineers for our Club. Reasons for doing so is Insurance reasons for safety that no flywheels go off into the crowd fuel leaks and alike. Other reason is that they are then tagged and numbered to show they passed scrutineer and then Judges do walk around and decide winners for each category.
However, due to the "pissing down" rain on Saturday nothing ran at all so it was a real wash out. Sunday was a different story, it was decided to not scrutineer any engine and was left up to those who displayed to do as they felt. Committee decided to drop the admission price at the gate to a gold coin donation to encourage the Public in. Most things ran on Sunday, all engine including a jet engine, the trucks which were way down on numbers as were tractors did a grand parade and tractors only did a go slow race. Still got a shower of rain from time to time but we did enjoy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
1 year 7 months ago #238861 by cobbadog
Well the showground was a huge muddy bog and on the Sunday those wanting to pack up enlisted 4wd and tractors to recover equipment, displays, trailers and caravans. David towed a few out but most of all our our van had to be hooked up and brought to high and dry land.
You can see Lorry all loaded up and connected to the van out the front of home.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, Tacho, V8Ian, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds