Skip to main content

Visit to Bernie Tobin Collection

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248558 by Lang
Today the Heritage Truck Club visited what has to be one of the best private collections in Australia. I am fortunate in living next door to Bernie as he is always willing to help out any time he is asked. A very good roll up of members and Bernie and Beth put on a great morning tea and lunch.
'
All the trucks in the shed and the concrete line up are Bernies. The trucks in the paddock are member's vehicles

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248559 by Lang

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248560 by Lang

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248561 by Lang

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248562 by Lang

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wouldyou, eerfree, Mairjimmy, Normanby, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248565 by Mrsmackpaul
Looks like a good day was had

What a collection of must have item's
Thanks for photos Lang

Love the LT Mack, never sold in Australia and very collectable in the U.S. these days

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248569 by Morris
Wow,  Bernie certainly has a great collection of rare and collectable trucks.

I saw the yellow veteran Fiat (on the trailer behind the red B model Mack) and a few others at the Rocklea Show when I was there a few years ago.

Desirable as many of Bernie's trucks are, my favourites are the blueish-green AEC eight wheeler (I wonder if it has the AEC V8) and the blue and white Chevrolet Viking. (the one with twin headlights) which was, I believe, a 1959 model.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248572 by Lang

Specially for Morris (and Mammoth). These boards were on the sides of the AEC eight wheeler.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Normanby, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248586 by xspanrman
It looks like the AEC donor cab is one of ex Lennon Towers (Edmond T Lennon) Leylands. The color photo from Warren Noakes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248599 by mammoth
Yes the AEC is among the best restorations of a heavy truck you will ever likely see. Authentic, no modern bling, and done from the heart.
Morris re the V8 - can only dream I suppose. Most went back to the factory for scrapping. There is one in a Sabre coach in WA. I think this one has the AV505 ie a Marshall 8. Can't see the badge while I'm writing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds