Skip to main content

HCVC Display Date Changed - now 23rd November 2008

More
15 years 11 months ago #1671 by bparo
Last Night we were watching yesterday afternoons episode of Speedweek (I timeshifted it!) and saw that there was Truck racing at Phillip Island on 14/15 June 2008 as mart of the Shannons Nationals Series.

Mrs P and Podge were discussing the idea of going so I logged onto their website. It told me that the final round of the series was at Sandown Racecourse on 29/30th November.

I raised the issue with Shirley and Ray who have found out that Sandown had us written down for 22/23 November. The 30th November was not available as the Race Series are using the pit carpark.

Luckily it was found now and not when we turned up for the event. The flyers had been put on hold so have not yet been printed so they ar ehaving the date changed prior to Printing.

It will upset deadly's crew as his night will have to move forward one week which may upset some of the bookings they have made.

So if anyone asks about the display day it is now the 23rd November 2008 . We hope to see you there!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #1672 by Murray
Bruce,
If I remember correctly didn't we clash with another Truck show at about that date last year ?( Mrs P will be suprised that i can remember back that far )
It would be a pity to have that happen again.
Murray

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #1673 by bparo
Murray,

Unfortunately we will clash with the Castlemaine Truck Show which is a more regular occurance than I like for one. Part of the problem is their organisers don't return calls or give us a date at all until a member sees a sign up about it in mid-October.

I got a contact number for Castlemaine in my 1st year on the committee then rang their committee each year while I was Monitor Editor and they would never return calls nor give me the date until early November (and only if I caught someone to answer the phone) so we have tried but it takes 2 to communicate. That person told me he got off the organising committee and would get me a new number. 6 calls over 7 months got nothing!

Sometimes the only way we find out is when an HCVC member tells us they saw a sign about it. I just did a google search and we will clash according to the site www.maldoncastlemaine.com/?id=julytodecember2008 .

Unfortunately it looks like someone wrote down the wrong date or Sandown changed it on us when they got the higher revenue Race Series wanting that weekend. The date of the 30th was pencilled in before last years Display Day (subject to the horse racing calendar) and confirmed in February but the confirmation doesn't seem to mean anything!

I am going to move at the meeting on Thursday that we find a new venue for next year before this year's Display so we can advertise the change of venue.

I only found out by accident and alerted Shirley and Ray who found out that Sandown had us booked on the 23rd and was full for the rest of the month so I don't think we can move again and stay at that time of year. The other problem is the weekend prior to that is Bendigo Swap and the 1st Weekend in November is Lake Goldsmith so there is not that much room to move!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by bparo.

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #1674 by bparo
I have sent emails to most (if not all) the HCVC Committee Members expressing my concerns with the venue as if I had mentioned it at the meeting last Thursday one member there would have told us all that Sandown was the best venue ever simply because it is asphalt. The other issues we have had are irrelevant to him.

I suggested 4 venues to one member of the committee who asked me of venues I thought may be suitable so I will now leave it in the hands of the committee.

One point I made was that if we want the show to grow we should be advertising the 2009 event at the 2008 show. We can't do that at present as we never know what the date will be until february/march. If we are going to move the venue we need to book the 2009 date and venue before the 2008 show. We have been forced off our last weekend in November ant that will impact the numbers of public attending as some regulars may not hear of the change in date and it clashes with Caastlemaine which is not good.

Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1675 by Andy Wright
Sounds like some change afoot and looks like it might be for the better. Not being able to advertise the following year's event doesn't matter for us truck nuts as we know it's going to happen. However, it's the public who need to know that November is Display Day month! Of course, I'm saying the obvious here.

How big a show is Castlemaine?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

15 years 10 months ago #1676 by
Lot of new trucks some years ago they didn't want the old trucks there but now have seen the light and relise that the public want to see the old ones as they see the new ones just about most days on the road.
At moment there not a threat to us but in time could be last year we clashed with them and it was our best year so make of it what you want .Dave

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #1677 by bparo
I went the year before last and there was about 40-50 trucks there. They have a ute show Saturday and a truck show Sunday. There were some commercial stand there who ended up coming to our show the following weekend as well.

I was driving the XP Ute and was not allowed in to put it in on Sunday as it was too new but an WB holden Ute was allowed to display!

I don't mind if people have rules, it is their show and their right but they need to be consistent.

Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by bparo.

15 years 8 months ago #1678 by
The HCVC display day is certainly coming up fast. (must get my truck running again) ;D

The Display day will be a great oppertunity for a informal meet and great for the forum members!

What I would be suggesting is that at say 2pm on the day we have a bit of a get together (location most likely near the HCVC trailer). That way we can more easily put names to faces and get to know each other lot better for when we are at other events. :)

What do you guys think?

More
15 years 8 months ago #1679 by Andy Wright
Great idea and ties in nicely with Barry's "what's your head look like" thread.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #1680 by bparo
just found and uploaded a heap of my photos from the 2006 Display Day so I thought I would put them here to whet your appetite.

as a slideshow www.flickr.com/photos/bparo2003/sets/72157606723447133/show/

as thumbnails
www.flickr.com/photos/bparo2003/sets/72157606723447133/

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds