Skip to main content

Convoy - Syd to Dubbo for Show

More
13 years 10 months ago #31060 by HeyCharger
Hi Guys. Anyone else going from the Sydney area to Dubbo for the show early Aug?
Perhaps we can meet in the Penrith area?
Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31061 by WSHTC inc
Rod

ron ros andy nash and i are going to dubbo on friday early any good to you thanks brad :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #31062 by HeyCharger
Hi Brad. Just thought that you guys will probably be going too fast for me. I will be doing about 70kph.
Was thinking of leaving Camden prob around 4am on the Fri. I think it should be a 7-8hr trip for me. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31063 by mammoth
Guys. Brian is going well on organising the show, and tells me if you have not bought a dinner ticket do it now as he has to close the bookings two weeks before the show.
For the first 300 exhibits (not necessarily trucks) through the gate there will be a show bag of souvenir trinkets.
Prize for furthest travelled looks like going to a Tasmanian. Can anyone else do better?

More
13 years 10 months ago #31064 by PhilD
Well I'm going up from the Hunter Valley on the Thursday (so as to be there for the local run on Friday) if anyone wants to come that way.
Will be travelling with brother in C1310 and friend in 38 Ford at this stage.

Want to be in the shed covered in grease and muck - want a Rum ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #31065 by HeyCharger
Hey Brad, A mate at work has suggested the route via mudgee, Cullenbone, Guntawang, Two Mile Flat, Goolma, Gollan, Muronbung, Dubbo. Any thoughts? Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31066 by mammoth
Phild is on the money as the Golden Highway through Dunedo has easy grades, well surfaced and very little traffic once you are off the New England (Sydney folk could come up the Putty Rd). There will be heap of boys from the Hunter club taking that route, and some will be only doing 40mph flat chat.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31067 by WSHTC inc
sounds good rod ,andy will ring you and chat with you
brad

More
13 years 9 months ago #31068 by BigAl

There will be heap of boys from the Hunter club taking that route, and some will be only doing 40mph flat chat.

Hi Guys,
Im a new member here and hope to be heading out to dubbo. My Leyland only does 30MPH flat chat.
Anyone on here definate about going from Hunter on Friday early??
Thanks

More
13 years 9 months ago #31069 by mammoth
Good on ya Al. Unfortunately the 40 mph AEC's won't be going now due to range of reasons (the trucks are fine). PM busntruck for the Hunter Club plans

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds