Skip to main content

Sydney Classic and Antique Truck Show

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #39786 by Beaver
Planning has commenced for the first Sydney Classic And Antique Truck Show to be held on Sunday 19 June 2011, in the grounds of The Museum of Fire, Penrith.

Further details will be released early in the new year.

The Museum of Fire has extensive experience in organizing such events, with some 23 years of the Penrith Working Truck Show, now one of the best known of its type in Australia.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Beaver.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39787 by mammoth
Only one day??

More
13 years 5 months ago #39788 by busntruck
Thats great news that Sydney is finally going to have a show, but why does it have to be so close to the Hunter Valley club show on 14th & 15th May?

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 5 months ago #39789 by Beaver

Only one day??

The Saturday will be available as a set up day, but probably not open to the public.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #39790 by Beaver

Thats great news that Sydney is finally going to have a show, but why does it have to be so close to the Hunter Valley club show on 14th & 15th May?

They are five weeks apart, not really "so close".
Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a date that doesn't conflict with other events around the state, and the organiser's other commitments.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
13 years 5 months ago #39791 by Cunning Stunt
I know a couple of the guys who are in talks with the Museum of Fire in regards to the Sydney old truck show. This has been discussed for a few years but as usual it is hard to get it off the ground and find people to commit to organising it especially with so many younger guys getting involved who, as in my case, have young families and work silly long hours because we are handcuffed to a career in the transport industry :'(

It might have been a bit premature announcing the date as Beaver rightly said they are in the planning stages, and they are very early planning stages. But for those of you who have given us Sydneysiders heaps for never having a show now's the time to give a bit of support and help make it an annual event!!

And looking back a few months, Dubbo was about 3 weeks before Alice and which was followed closely by Sandown so I don't think that a 5 week gap between The Hunter and Sydney will be a big issue...............I'm even trying to get to The Adelaide In The Hills Road Run between the two ::)

As always, for those of you who'd prefer to stay home to watch the midday movie there is bound to be plenty of pics posted on here ;)

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 5 months ago #39792 by busntruck
Yes Dubbo was close to Alice & the Dubbo show numbers were way down.

It great news about another quality show at a location like the museum of fire, I am sure it will be well supported, a bit more time between events would allow more time for fresh resto's between shows.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 5 months ago #39793 by bigcam
Ha Ha, bet the Victorians are all laughing, last year they had Castlemaine and Sandown on the same weekend, and got heaps of trucks and a crowd to both. This year they where a week apart. The more shows the better, you'll never keep everyone happy. Biggest hurdle is finding people that are dedicated enough to organize a show, because it is a lot of thank less work that most people don't realize unless they have organized one themselves. Good luck, and I hope I have the oportunity to at least have a look, if not bring something. Sydney is a bit of a scary place to some of us from the north but.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 5 months ago #39794 by Swishy
Big C
GuddayM8

RE: Sydney is a bit of a scary place to some of us

Jist play hard to get
n tell them girlz @ the cross th@ u got a headache

LOL

cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #39795 by Beaver

It might have been a bit premature announcing the date as Beaver rightly said they are in the planning stages, and they are very early planning stages. But for those of you who have given us Sydneysiders heaps for never having a show now's the time to give a bit of support and help make it an annual event!!

The date has been set, so there are no real issues in announcing it now. The earlier we can get feedback, the easier it is to plan things, and hopefully provide a worthwhile show. All comments here will be taken into consideration.

Thanks for the encouragement so far.

Beaver
@ The Museum of Fire
www.museumoffire.com.au

PS The Working Truck Show is on Sunday 27th March 2011

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds