Skip to main content

Sydney Classic and Antique Truck Show

More
13 years 4 months ago #39806 by Beaver
Thanks bigcam, yes we have looked closely at PLI requirements, which seem to get tighter every year.

Safety is also well on our radar, we have a cupoard full of books and "manuals" to cover (we hope) every situation. We have have been running much larger truck shows (200+ large modern trucks, 8000+ vistors, entertainments) for almost 25 years, so this should be easy by comparison.

One safety stipulation is NO VEHICLE MOVEMENTS while public in attendance, so no arrivals after about 8.00 am (arrival Saturday preferred, limited camping facilities will be provided) and no departures till 3 pm.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39807 by bigcam
Beaver, the hard part is that you don't want to discourage anyone from coming isn't it, and it is hard not to look like part of the SS sometimes. Though I have seen a couple of incidents at shows that have been shear good luck that no one was injured or worse. I've also turned up at a show, and had to drive a truck literally through a crowd, with no marshall's helping apart from some vague directions as to where I was to go.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39808 by WSHTC inc

One safety stipulation is NO VEHICLE MOVEMENTS while public in attendance, so no arrivals after about 8.00 am (arrival Saturday preferred, limited camping facilities will be provided) and no departures till 3 pm.

sunday 730 am is cut off time sunday all in as discussed with mark white on friday

More
13 years 4 months ago #39809 by busntruck
Is the show info going to go onto the museum of fire web site when it's all sorted out?
Limited camping facilities...more details please. :-/
What's planned for the Saturday whilst we all wait for the 8am public "kick off" on Sunday?
Can the truck show exhibitors get a private tour of the museum on the Saturday?

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 4 months ago #39810 by Beaver
There will be plenty of information released in due course to answer all your questions. Hopefully the first release will be out by mid January.

That is why we are seeking some initial feedback now, so that we can consider and meet the expectations of participants.

Arrangements will be made for inspection of the stored vehicles, hopefully many of them can be bought out for the display.

There will be a function of some sort on the Saturday night. Its format will depend on the numbers registering.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
13 years 4 months ago #39811 by mammoth
As busntruck has hinted at, out of towners will be committed to turning up sometime on saturday and will be looking for some kind of action, as well as facilities to get cleaned up and inexpensive feed for good nights rest. Maybe a club run in the afternoon? In effect the show will need to start on saturday even if not open to public. Being a sunday event people will want to get home in time for work on Monday, so as you acknowledge there is likely to be a bolt for the gate at going home time.
To give you experience from the Dubbo show, which has Sat & Sun public days with set up on Friday. Most trucks arrived fri night, some Sat morning, some sat night. But people with any distance to travel were loaded by sunday morning and left straight after grand parade around lunchtime. You should maybe think about the arrival and loading (and camping) areas as being outside public access so there can be movement there during the day.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that having the show in June will mean day length will be very short. Is the whole place foodlit, and most importantly in the loading area?

13 years 4 months ago #39812 by
Hi Beaver as I travel far and wide to shows I myself would be on the move from your show about 2pm as the light goes and I'm in a town I dont know at all well I would like to have few miles under the belt by the time it got dark and be out of Sydney. Dave

More
13 years 4 months ago #39813 by Coupeute
One thing about Penrith, it is on the western outskirts & quite easy to head back to the Hume via The Northern Rd, with a minimal amount of traffic. Heading wWest is good too. I am 1.5 hrs away, maybe some locals with truck parking could offer an overnight stay before a long trip home.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
13 years 4 months ago #39814 by busntruck
Some chat about this event on another chat forum. :-/

www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56407

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 4 months ago #39815 by WSHTC inc
hay busntruck how many busses is their ?
and yes thay did put a number on busses thay want truck as well but until it is all set in concrete and we have
all the gos on the show we all cannot say a lot as yet.
dont worry when its out we will know
happy trucken

brad

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds