Skip to main content

'Crawlin the Hume' - ATHS Event - May 12-13, 2012

• Topic Author
12 years 4 days ago #71999 by
Bruce

Only had a leave pass until 4pm back in Melbourne so had to make a move early, but what a trip it was up until Winton and just driving along the old roads that Dad was driving interstate back in the 50's was a thrill, spoke with Dad on the phone afterwards and he was comparing all the twists and bumps and i tell you the older they get the more they remember. Bloody fantastic run only wish i could have done the whole trip, you can count me in for both Haulin & Crawlin next time.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #72000 by Scooter Townsing
Anyone looking for photos or videos, or have their own to share?

Photos have started popping up on Facebook, so we've created an unofficial "group" for all to share/view photos and videos taken from the crawl. There are a couple of short videos taken from the start line that have been posted already, and some photos taken from spectators mobile phones etc.

If anyone would like to be an administrator of the group, or would like copies of any of the photos in their original size please send a message. (photos added to Facebook are compressed) If you have a Facebook account you can view or join the group at the following link.

www.facebook.com/groups/319219251487959/

Thank you to the organisers of Crawlin' the Hume for organising such a fantastic event, and for making us feel welcome.

Sam

More
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #72001 by Chocs
Hayden....Will that be sorta like....

Wanderin' the Western?

I have it on extremely good authority..
there could be a ...
Dillydallyin' to Dubbo... for the Golden oldies show....

Coupla jokers showin some interest there..
Were talking a week to get there!

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 4 days ago #72002 by bparo
or Parading the Princes, Nobbling the Northern, meandering the Murray Valley ... ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
12 years 4 days ago #72003 by
Whatever trips are planned just gotta remember some trucks like the little model T only gets along at about 40 kph, not like one truck i tried to catch on the run i got to 120kph and i wasnt catching him.
Choc's the trip to Dubbo sounds like a good one with a lot of different roads to venture on.

Trevor

More
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #72004 by geoffb
Just a bit of an off shoot how do us non space bookers get to have a look at these
Just another question without upsetting anyone how come the buses didn't mix in there was some great looking jiggers there as well and are part of transport history. :-?
Geoffb
Last edit: 12 years 4 days ago by geoffb.

More
12 years 3 days ago #72005 by Slasha
TO EVERYONE WHO CRAWLED THE HUME AND CAME OUT TO HAVE A LOOK AND TAKE PICS
THANK YOU [smiley=dankk2.gif]
Without you and your support and coming along, these events wouldn't happen. :o
As Robert & I stated over the weekend thank you for allowing us to use & share this run on your forum. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can someone Please let me know who that man in the T Model ford is? going all the way with the big boys! What an effort [smiley=beer.gif] :o :o
Chocs Mate, I'm finally catching up on SLEEPS [[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

I'm looking forward to the next time we all meet.

LOVING ALL THE PICS [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dubbo? Sounds good to me if the other half will allow me to :D Bwahahaha [smiley=evil.gif]

Cheers
Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
12 years 3 days ago #72006 by GM Diesel
Howdy,

Thankyou to the team from Basil for your efforts putting together the run. Had a brilliant time.

It was good to catch up with uncle Chocs and some of you forum fellas. Some new ones to, Hayseed and Prodrive.

Heading down the Hume back to Broadford on Sunday we rounded up the fella in the Ford T. If anyone should get a medal for their efforts on the Hume run it was this fella....it looked cold and it was cold as he headed into a pretty bleak looking horizon in the arvo....specially with B doubles whistling past him at a dollar five....who ever you are youve got my vote 8-)

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

• Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #72007 by
While the swishy's fancy camera thingy didn't work to plan. I did produce a backup!

So you can watch my ACCO on the run! Don't worry doesn't cover the entire run! Just a couple of interesting bits. Leaving the Ford Factory at the start of the run. Then the run up Pretty Sally. And to finish off a bit of highway running for good measure!

Enjoy!

More
12 years 3 days ago #72008 by ianoz
Thanks Jarrod , I enjoyed watching That .
Your going to have to let Swishy in on the secret to stopping wind noise on the mic .

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds