Skip to main content

Re: Echuca 7th & 8th September 2013

More
10 years 7 months ago #110982 by GM Diesel
Howdy
On behalf of the ATHS I would like to thank everyone who came and supported the Echuca show. Additionally thank you to everyone who sponsored and supported the show in ways of donated products and behind the scenes work.
Show was a great success with 213 trucks counted late Saturday afternoon.
I reckon Richard's ( pro drive ) post sums up what we wanted to achieve. Doesn't matter who you are your welcome. Doesn't matter what you have your welcome.
It's about the people.

Thanks again
Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110983 by binder
basil im glad to see the change has had a positive effect!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 7 months ago #110984 by Swishy

WotCanEyeSay

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/QU_xLDqugr2U2J7qSSXhQQ5Nf8DdKaaivG3iKGKWGNc=w800-h2780-p-no

WotSayU?

cya
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 7 months ago #110985 by geoffb
All I can say in my defense your honor I was blinded by the light

More
10 years 7 months ago #110986 by Buc
S car B,

Tiz the party games ewes be play'in on the nite. ;)

You be the seeker and count'in while them otha fellas be hid'in. ;D ;D ;D

Swish,

Tiz that Mr Chocs and the Pres chew'in the fat on the morn'in afta. :-? :-?

No matta wot the piccies cum out like, sure looks like all who went had a bloody fantastic time with a buncha like minded folk who love ta git togetha and have a moighty fine time. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The ol Buc reckons that's wot it's all about. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Regards, Buc. :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #110987 by bigcam
Well done Swishy.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110988 by geoffa

This photo was taken in 1996. The truck was at this years Echuca truck show. Did you see it there ?.

One visitor did and recognised it as the truck his father owned from the early 1980's until 1996.

What is surprising about that you ask ?. Well have a look at the next photo.

Geoff.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110989 by geoffa

This is how the truck looks today. I think it is absolutely amazing that he picked it as his fathers old truck. He phoned his father to tell him and he then came to the truck show. See next photo.

Geoff.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by geoffa.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 7 months ago #110990 by Swishy
Iz it the same truck

front steer 5 spoke - 6 spoke wheels

square flasherz - round flashers

minor details

a fu modifications thru the years
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110991 by geoffa

These three gentleman have owned this truck over a period covering the last thirty years. John in the centre bought it from Tasmania where it had been a beige coloured logging truck. He bought because it was a heavy duty truck with a double rail chassis, 44,000lb diffs and extra strength front springs. It did not have a sleeper on it when he bought it, he had the one on it now fitted and the trucked painted white with blue stripes. .

He towed a freezer van all over Australia with it and estimates he did 3,000.000 km in it. When he last rebuilt the 400 cummins motor in it the crankshaft was still standard size. The last two owners have not touched the motor.

John on the right who bought the truck on 28th September 1996 was the one who changed its appearance the most. He had the chassis lengthened by Royans in Dubbo and did all the other modifications himself. He fabricated the Ringfeder bracket, built the 20ft tray and a set of gates. He painted in the present colour scheme and put it to work delivering beer around north western NSW towing a 20ft triaxle pig trailer.

The walking beam Henrickson suspension was too stiff to cart beer on the rough roads so he took the tray off and removed the Hendrickson suspension which included grinding all the brackets off the axle housings. He fitted a brand new Reyco 4 spring suspension to the chassis.

Rick on the left bought the truck from John in 2002 and fitted his horse float to it. He uses it to transport his team of Clydesdale draught horses.

He has the truck looking better than ever and it is a credit to him.

Geoff.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by geoffa.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds