Skip to main content

More
8 years 6 months ago #163091 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Avatar Q:?
Ray, Do you have MSPaint in your Computer?.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163095 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Avatar Q:?
Ray I had the same problem then it all got to hard for me hayseed dunno what MSPaint is will have to get the boy onto it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #163098 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Avatar Q:?

ray wrote: I tried putting my avatar back up but it says it is to big at 1.4mb. How do I reduce it?

Assuming you are using a Windows based computer then you can go to this website, imageresizer.codeplex.com/ , and press the purple 'Download' button in the top right of the page and download and install the software on your computer.

If you look at the screen shots on the same page you can see how it works. You right-click on the image you want to resize and select the size or custom to make your own, and click Resize button. DO NOT tick the Replace Original.

The Image will have the name custom in brackets and then that is the one you upload into your Avatar.

This is quick and handy if you just have one or two images you need to make smaller or larger.

Otherwise type in 'Image Resize' to Google etc. and you will see plenty of sites offering to do it online for you. Others might provide you recommendations of which one to use.

Terry
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ray

More
8 years 6 months ago #163378 by Mrsmackpaul
Hey Hey Hey have a looky see at this I tried and and tried to resize one of Mrs Mack but nope it kept on saying it was to big so whacked up this one instead what a battle :unsure: dunno how or why this one worked and not the other one resized it the same made it smaller anyway not to worry I have something up which is more than nothing LOL

Paul

More
8 years 6 months ago #163379 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Avatar Q:?

why this one worked and not the other one resized it the same made it smaller anyway

Your other image may have been a larger filesize, more than 100kb which is the maximum for the Avatar.

Terry

More
8 years 6 months ago #163385 by Mrsmackpaul
maybe but I have no idea what you are even talking about I guess it must be how many pixels are in the picture ???? I will work it out one day maybe LOL

Paul

More
8 years 6 months ago #163388 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Avatar Q:?

Mrsmackpaul wrote: maybe but I have no idea what you are even talking about I guess it must be how many pixels are in the picture ???? I will work it out one day maybe LOL

Paul

It's a bit like the old, whats heavier.
30% of 1 ton of feathers
or
30% of 1 ton of lead ?

The size of the original pic also has an outcome on the end file size also.
Hope this makes some sense.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
8 years 6 months ago #163613 by Mrsmackpaul
ok you lot of computer gurus I tried and tried to change the avatar picture the other I resized it followed the steps but the old stayed no tonight I noticed it has changed

Maybe the forum and the cyber space are slow or maybe somebody watching it all thought what a dill that Paul is either way it has changed so thanks to who ever sorted out my avatar thingy I tip my hat to you who is a lot smarter than me

Paul

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds