Skip to main content

V8 Supercars

More
10 years 11 months ago #119073 by tim
V8 Supercars was created by tim
It has just been announced this morning that Swishy's favourite brand of vehicle VOLVO will join in the 2014 V8 Supercar series races with Garry Rogers Motorsport, running 2 cars. Sounds like we are going global with car brands again. What do you reckon Swishy, you be going to Sandown to watch 'em mate? cya Tim ;) ;D :o ::)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #119074 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: V8 Supercars
OVLOV, is how it should be spelt(going backwards). Still every second truck is made by or owned by OVLOV

10 years 11 months ago #119075 by
Replied by on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I suppose they will as good as the Merc's "all noise and no go". dave

More
10 years 11 months ago #119076 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Davey, you can't have been watching the Darwin race, Tim Slade had his Benz up into the top ten. Takes time to get up there. Even the Nissan's are improving. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
10 years 11 months ago #119077 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I suppose they have to run Chev motors and Ford diffs?

More
10 years 11 months ago #119078 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: V8 Supercars
No actually they run their own brand engine and everyone runs the same trans axle arrangement

More
10 years 11 months ago #119079 by philip
Replied by philip on topic Re: V8 Supercars
(re deadlys all noise and no go coment)
I dont think they have bedford engines have they ?.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119080 by SWR
Replied by SWR on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I can still remember the old Toyota Celicas' running around Bathurst & winning in their category time after time as well as being up there with the big bangers. So maybe we could start a new class for Bathurst & get a heap of Hyundais & have a king of the hill demo derby. ;) Just a thought & not a real serious one lol ;D

More
10 years 10 months ago #119081 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I also remember someone entering a street registered Volvo back in the Group C days one year. Dick Johnson referred to it as 'a block of flats' and a 'mobile chicane'.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 10 months ago #119082 by 69 white
Replied by 69 white on topic Re: V8 Supercars
they are just takein an aussie tradition and f$%&ed it didnt they try this once before ? its always been Ford / Holden and thats how it should be not haven poop cans getin in the way , and at bathurst are we going to have merc and toyota camps they'll probably be drinkin them fake non alcohol beers and wearing robes and funny hats an playin dooff doof music instead of AC/DC or Cold Chisel / Barnsy thats not AUSSIE and neither is a race that has impostors in it well thats my thoughts take it or leave it eh

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds