Skip to main content

V8 Supercars

More
10 years 10 months ago #119083 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: V8 Supercars
The Trouble is they HAVE to let these other Brands race...

Ford has already announced the death of the falcon in 2016, & the way they're (not) selling will be lucky to last that Long.. :-/

Once ford goes, all the component suppliers lose some volume, then It's Bye Bye Australian car Industry.... :'(

Looks like we've all going to HAVE to barrack for another Brand.. :'( :'(

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #119084 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Let's not forget that the commode is about finished also, unless GMH can con the gummint into bailing them out with some more of our cash.

IMHO V8 Supercars should be allowed to die off, and bring back something close to a showroom class, just like the old days ... THAT'S an Aussie tradition, not this badge engineered rubbish. ::)

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Eddy.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119085 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Without taking sides on politics and a bit of topic
Why don't we just place tariffs on imports like other countries do and protect the car industries manufactures instead of giving hand outs to companies that will close
JUST MY OP-ION :o :o :o

More
10 years 9 months ago #119086 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Can't do that!! what about the "level playing field" ... ???

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
10 years 9 months ago #119087 by Slasha
Replied by Slasha on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Either way I will still support HOLDEN V8s'
Hope they never bring the buzz box Ford sierra type s#%t box thing back.
As others have said Just my opinion

1974 White Road Boss

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #119088 by
Replied by on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I'm a Holden man, but the V8 supercars lost me this year when they went nascar style s#it boxes with the same running gear just different bodies.
OK they have still got their own engines "for the moment".

Another piece of Aussie history down the tube.

Trevor

10 years 9 months ago #119089 by
Replied by on topic Re: V8 Supercars

Without taking sides on politics and a bit of topic
Why don't we just place tariffs on imports like other countries do and protect the car industries manufactures instead of giving hand outs to companies that will close
JUST MY OP-ION :o :o :o

Browny to late most people don't give a rats as long as they get the cheapest car they can get.

Trevor

More
10 years 9 months ago #119090 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Having owned fords and holdens mostly utilities since 67 some things stand out with new ones computers,trying to be all and sundry running everything, plastic bodywork front and back and when you drive across garse paddock gets ripped of ,plastic trays don't like ,wiring comes with plugs with 30+ connecting pins that corrodes when water gets into and associated computer problems and lack of ground clearance .
Ford closing no surprise american managers sent to Australia takes 5 years of retraining to realize we are not America and what sells there doesn't always work hear ,an example of this about 1972/3 bilt 200 4 wheel drive utilities and sold some for evaluation had a look at one at local dealer went back to weeks later to order one was told over 2000 on order and waiting 6 months + may be up to year for delivery, ok i wanted one added name to list 4 months or so later ford announced it had caned the whole thing the dealers was very stroppy over that.
Currently have a 1997 falcon utility wiring problems worst of any vertical ive owned a part from a bedford truck witch burnet 80% of the wiring due to short circuit and i re wired myself ,other thing which annoys every time i refuel is the fact the filler hole is on wrong side after 50+years,why continue to throw money at factories producing what people are not buying and won't produce what they do want @ a price that is affordable and repairable.
Peter

More
10 years 9 months ago #119091 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Re: V8 Supercars
I've had a fair few Holdens, fuel filler on the driver's side.
Got a Falcon, filler on the left, not happy at the servo.
But the other night driving 100 on the highway in the rain, bloke filling up his Commo with a jerry can and not really far enough off the road.
Bloody hard to see, thought to myself, left hand side not so silly after all.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119092 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Eddy fair call
But I think when that statement was made no one in Aus was taking home inexcess of 40k now everyone thinks they worth 100k

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds