cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119094 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Swishy
Very good idea and would be entering to :D :D at the thought of of the foreign ones recalled with computer problems having the field go past when in limp mode.
Peter

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #119095 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Okay, I'll buy into this one.

V8 Supercar (or what ever they call themselves this season),

Lost me a number of years back when there was this big kerfuffle about about unequal aerodynamics between the Ford and Holden Team.

Solution?
Both used the same clip front and rear.

Then I discovered that they used the same diff and "raceing" gearbox. (not sure about the engine).

Then It was revealed that the windscreen was single layer "raceing" glass (to save weight).

I always understood that they got the basic body shell from the factory and re-engineered to take "raceing" suspention.

Then there are the control tyres on controlled wheels.

Then I came to understand that most of the body panels were "raceing' fabrications too.

Then, independantly out of my own brain, I had the bizzare personal thought,
"How many factory parts are actually on these cars?"

The badge?
Nah, that would easily, probably be paint or film too.

Whats that class of Drag Car where they carry the carbon fiber (or what ever) body shapes of 57 Chev's, Willys and Studebakers?
Full on rockets, no secrets there.

V8 Supercars?
Booring.
Same car different color.
(and no, I Do Not Watch Them/ follow them)

Nuff said,
Sorry for offending the tender hearts on this thread.

-b >:(

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Bobsboy.

10 years 9 months ago #119096 by
Replied by on topic Re: V8 Supercars
g'day Bobsboy .. I think this style of racing is termed ''silhouette''...whereby these cars are all basically the same....except for a few changes here and there (idstbc)....cheers

More
10 years 9 months ago #119097 by John Whale
Replied by John Whale on topic Re: V8 Supercars
my 2 bob's worth(or should that be $2.20)is that there was only 2 periods of time when this kind of racing was watchable that was in the late 60'to mid eighty's when the privateers would come out of the pack, when there was only one factory team per make name's like geoghan, johnson,jane, grice,bartlett etc etc now they are mobile promotional signs. is it flat track nascar??? whale

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #119098 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: V8 Supercars
i remember bathurst racing with minis,xu1s,chargers,falcons, rx7s,morris ,jag ,BMW
and more

and they were cars i could buy on monday
john whale they were some great years
they should have left bathurst alone and kept the old format any car any driver.

PS-
parity rules are for girls and cry babies -if you cant win the race build a better car

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by stuckingear.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119099 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: V8 Supercars
V8 Super cars lost me when the saftey car came in, you get a 20 or 30 second buffer and they bring out the safety car and they all catch up, l said to John Bowe about they should get rid of it and he said TO BL__DY RIGHT its only a bl--dy a Nissan ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
10 years 9 months ago #119100 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: V8 Supercars

my 2 bob's worth(or should that be $2.20)is that there was only 2 periods of time when this kind of racing was watchable that was in the late 60'to mid eighty's when the privateers would come out of the pack, when there was only one factory team per make name's like geoghan, johnson,jane, grice,bartlett etc etc now they are mobile promotional signs. is it flat track nascar??? whale

Spot on mate - they lost me too when they NASCAR-ised the big cars downunder. Never understood the need for this. Instead they ought to have retained the old format perhaps limiting it to 4-door cars, maybe only rear wheel drive so we might have had the Aussie cars + Chrysler 300s / Caddilac STSs / BMW M5 / M-B E-Class / Jag etc.

NASCAR has stopped being interesting after 1971 already...

Oh well.

Having owned fords and holdens mostly utilities since 67 some things stand out with new ones computers,trying to be all and sundry running everything

I'm afraid there's no way escaping those computers anymore, even Ladas have them nowadays. That's the price we pay for "saving" the envinronment. Wonderful when they work but heaven help you if someting goes wrong. Downunder where your petrol is only expensive and not horrendously expensive it still makes sense to find an older ute with no elctronics and use it as an everyday vehicle. Where I am the equivalents (like this: www.vw-nutzfahrzeuge.at/modelle/amarok ) all have diesels festooned with microchips, sensors the lot to get you the fuel consumption which makes them viable for any business. Anything older with a diesel is too slow for today's road conditions, petrol engined would drive one to financial ruin... >:(

OK, that's enough venting for today ;)

T

More
10 years 8 months ago #119101 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Like it or not this what cleaned them all up at Winton today Saturday a 1, 2 finish

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
10 years 8 months ago #119102 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: V8 Supercars
Colin, all the other cars must have had viruses!! ;) ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds