Skip to main content

Atkipete is back

More
14 years 8 months ago #13281 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Atkipete is back
We can tackle Sally together Dave, suppose those left coasters dont know Sally and how bad she is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13282 by aussie l plate
Replied by aussie l plate on topic Re: Atkipete is back
sorry too take this a bit off topic, but i can remember the story my grandfather use too tell me,.............................. way back years ago, my great grandfather use too drive his old car down too melbourne a fair bit, (dunno what years, dunno what make of car) but as the story goes, he use too have too reverse his car up pretty sally, as to keep traction.............

14 years 8 months ago #13283 by
Replied by on topic Re: Atkipete is back
I have heard this before but these days sally has been tamed so us young fellas dont know the real sally as she was in Aussie granddads days. Dave

More
14 years 8 months ago #13284 by atkipete
Legend has it that the old Sally was the worst hill on the road between Melboune and Sydney, some title as I recall the ones out of Jugong and Bookham ( well named because of a over zealous local copper) and that if a truck could get up Sally it would manage all the others.
One story is that there was a pub at the top run by a one legged woman of dubious morals and that is how the hill got its name.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13285 by atkipete
Yes Dave, you are on Big Lorry Blog and Bedford owners the world over must be tearing their hair out, As Swishy says click en here might get you there www.roadtransport.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-sear...down&IncludeBlogs=22

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #13286 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Atkipete is back

Guyz
RE: Pretty Sally
The old Rd where it twaz can B still seen
as U drive up the hill near the top where the hill starts on u're left, cut into the bank of hill on Melb side almost @ right angles is the old Rd going through a farmers property., it goes round the other side of the hill.The other end is when on the new Rd it veerz right. ifn U then look in R/V/Mirrors as U head Nth U can see the old Rd imeadatly BHind U
I always thort th@ Sally twazn't a bad pinch but I went down Bulli Pass near Woolonggong n th@ Rd for steepness n Length leaves Sally 4 dead
ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected!

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 8 months ago #13287 by
Replied by on topic Re: Atkipete is back
swishy
I go down bulli pass 4 times every day. seen a few in a heap at the bottom over the years. Yes it's steep. Just put old mack in second
and come down on the jake. I respect the hill.

The joys of working out of Wollongong
Bulli pass .Mt Ousley.. Macquarie pass. Bald hill.
You gota go up a mountain to get outa the place....Mark

More
14 years 8 months ago #13288 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Atkipete is back
Pete,

I'll post the direct link to the article:
www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-bl...-atkipete-lynch.html

Joe

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds