Skip to main content

Dodge Truck 318 Engine AT4 to D5n

More
9 years 1 week ago #154248 by HARDSHAR
Do not know what it is with Chrysler but I had a slant six that I took out of a VE Valiant and it had no engine number either just a blank spot where it should have been. How they had it registered I don't know. As I was fitting it in another Val I just transferred the number across from the worn out motor. There is probably a number somewhere on the block you can use. Good luck and the truck is looking great. Cheers kevin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #154249 by Mrsmackpaul
I think back in the day If some one fitted a new motor the new motors came un stamped and were meant to be stamped when fitted maybe I dont no Im just guessing

looking good there Steve

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 6 days ago #154250 by stevejr
Thanks for all the comments guys
I did find the engine number when I stripped it down on front of block under left head. (You can see in the pic) not where I was looking. Stripped it down all new seals and gaskets. Crank and bore showed very little wear. Bearings are like new, Just give them all a roll, lapped the valves and back together, should see me out. The difference 70 odd extra cubes makes is a lot more than I expected. Not quite as economical but I get to the servo quicker! sounds good too 2 1/2' into 3" stack.

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

More
9 years 3 days ago - 9 years 3 days ago #154251 by oldgmc
Motor looks good, looks like you've been quite thorough

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 9 years 3 days ago by oldgmc.

More
9 years 1 day ago #154252 by stevejr
Thought I'd make her look like a big girl. No oil leaks tho
havta do somthin bout that

[IMG

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds