Skip to main content

swishy poll

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #156371 by
swishy poll was created by
It's amazing I was about too place my mark on swishy poll about the new forum or keep the old forum and bingo it was deleted before my eyes :o :o "WHY IS SO". Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #156372 by
Replied by on topic Re: swishy poll

More
9 years 1 month ago #156373 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Re: swishy poll
The one great thing about being an Australian is our freedom, we can voice our opinion freely. There has been considerable discussion recently on this site regarding the future of the Forum.
Earlier today a Poll was put up that gave members the opportunity to voice their opinion, irrespective of the outcome the Poll could not have done any harm and very possibly a lot of good.
Why has it gone.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
9 years 1 month ago #156374 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: swishy poll
I got my vote happy as is just the picture thing needs to be easier ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #156375 by
...the old Roman Forums were based on robust opinions, lively debate and considered argument, whereby something could be thrashed out for the betterment of all...

....our political processes had their basis in these early forums, and our very own forum here has survived because of such healthy debate and richness of the topics....cheers fellas

More
9 years 1 month ago #156376 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Re: swishy poll
Could I suggest you guys maybe "lock" a thread that's not suitable with a reason as to why, rather than deleting it ?
Usually the conversation that follows gives others an idea of whats acceptable.

Cut and pasted to this thread as I can't edit the original anymore.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #156377 by
Phil I have to agree things are getting out of hand with all the deleting and censorship and now we can't even edit our posts.

Maybe it is time someone flicked the off button.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156378 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: swishy poll
Absolutely not time to switch off the forum. I read every post and have learned heaps over the last couple of years. I have never really understood what the big problem is. I like the forum as it is and just skim over stuff that doesn't interest me.
No disrespect meant to anyone here, or recently left. Full respect to the mods/admins trying their best to please everyone (can't be done, sadly).

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 1 month ago #156379 by Wilweld
Replied by Wilweld on topic Re: swishy poll
In my opinion the Number 1 most annoying thing about this forum?

The number of posts in I think now 5 different threads, made by people whinging that "the forum isn't as good as it used to be."

Irrespective of whether caravans should be posted or not -for example- the amount of sheer negativity surrounding this forum is going to drive people away, and ensure that the failure of the forum becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don't want to read post after post of whinge and complaint, and I'm sure not many others do either.

Here is a suggestion- and I'm surprised that no-one else has thought of it...
If you want to see more of something and less of another, start a thread about the thing you want to see, instead of a thread complaining about the thing you don't want to see.
It's easy, it shouldn't upset anyone, and it just may work.

Lets see how many posts I can get bagging this. 8-)

Grant.

'79 F100- 302c 4spd&&'81 F350- Isuzu 6BB1&&Chamberlain Industrial MK11  (6G)

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #156380 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: swishy poll

The one great thing about being an Australian is our freedom, we can voice our opinion freely. There has been considerable discussion recently on this site regarding the future of the Forum.
Earlier today a Poll was put up that gave members the opportunity to voice their opinion, irrespective of the outcome the Poll could not have done any harm and very possibly a lot of good.
Why has it gone.
Rex

Rex, As you correctly state there has been quite extensive discussion/debate about this Forum in recent times.
As a result the Forum Owner (the HCVC Club) are undertaking an extensive Feedback process so that they can best determine the most appropriate course of action regarding the forum, If you aren't aware of It here is a Link.

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?virboard=general;num=1424688101

As you can see by the last paragraph.

Note: Comments made on this forum will not be taken as feedback for this exercise - feedback must be emailed with your real name not your forum alias to feedback@hcvc.com.au.

Whilst I was not the person to remove Swishys Poll.
The reason It was deleted is that It was deemed Detrimental (or at best confusing) to the Club endorsed feedback process..

I would also like to stress to anyone who hasn't sent in their feedback Please Do so..

The larger the feedback volume is. The more representative of every ones thoughts it will be.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by hayseed.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds