Skip to main content

OH&S paperwork

More
5 years 6 months ago #196296 by jeffo
OH&S paperwork was created by jeffo
On the radio, listening to a truckie relating how the average car driver has no clue what it's like to navigate safely through the multitudes of poor drivers on our highways.
He suggested that learner drivers should try as a passenger in a truck, before they're permitted to hit the streets, and hopefully then realise some of the difficulties experienced.
Can you imagine the reams of paperwork involved for such a worth while concept. Would never happen.
Yet as a kid I rode in trucks every school holiday as did most of my classmates. No "pretend" driving like today's kids on X box, the real thing with cranky old drivers in underpowered trucks. Have an accident and there's consequences, you don't just re-boot and get another life.
I went for a ride in No2's tug the other night, 5-pages for him to fill out. The actual safety briefing was over in an instant but that paperwork all signed to death, was something to see.
Only 4-5 years ago I'd just sign in at the office and that was it. Safety brief on board and cast off.
Can it get any worse?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #196297 by 235mack
Replied by 235mack on topic OH&S paperwork
No, But we could deport the pommy bastards that came up with all this SH@T. :angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds