Skip to main content

Dick Smith Selling Fools Gold

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #212587 by lantana jack
Likely most have seen around the internet the ads pushing bitcoin apparently endorsed by Dick Smith.

Here’s a post by Dick Smith from another forum...

“...Advertisements using my name and image have been circulated on websites and social media claiming that I support investment in bitcoin. This is a complete scam. I do not endorse or promote any bitcoin schemes and have never invested in bitcoin.

My name is being used by these scammers without my consent and I am taking every possible action to have the ads removed. I do not support any website publishing these ads as they are assisting criminals to take money from innocent victims.

The ads have been reported to the ACCC's Scamwatch, Facebook, media outlets, the Federal and State Police and the Australian Cybersecurity Centre. The matter is under investigation by the police...”

If ‘they’ need to do this sort of nonsense to promote bitcoin yer gotta wonder just how viable it is? Perhaps fools gold is a good term for bitcoin...

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by lantana jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212614 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Dick Smith Selling Fools Gold
apparently they also use Barak Obama, Bill Gates and others tailored to regions / demographics where they will have the most influence

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds