Skip to main content

John K's Shed building Adventure

More
2 years 9 months ago #223479 by JOHN.K.
The certifier has just been this morning,seems happy with the shed ,and says the completion certificate will be lodged with the BCC on Monday........Which is good and bad,because with the building approval current there were no complaints........One the other side ,the council are back in action against the guy who bought my land at Willawong......he ignored all my advice about how to deal with the VPO,but I cant say I told you so before I get all of my stuff out......My last trucking mate Jack died at 74 in 2019 ,and Im wondering if all this hassle is worth it for a couple of years use.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223496 by PaulFH
Your work to complete the shed and clear up everything hopefully
will offer you some peace John. Well done!

More
2 years 9 months ago #223498 by JOHN.K.
I had a guy with a tailgater forklift looking at it this afternoon,and he thinks maybe I should have got it 300 higher.(its 3.5).....Maybe the next one.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223533 by Zuffen
John,

I got a flat NO from my Council on my shed.

Seems I have 15.1% of the land area covered (it's 6 acres) as the septic irrigation area takes up so much land surface.

Going to try and negotiate with them and build a brick garage instead as they don't seem to like more than 1 shed on a block.

My wife's shed is 14x17 and is lined with coolroom panels and only used to train her 3 Border Collies.

Maybe I need a new wife AND shed?

More
2 years 9 months ago #223544 by JOHN.K.
Check the law first.....building is going to be state law..........councils tell you what they want,may not be the law .....In Qld ,you can have 60% coverage of the land area.......Six acres does seem plenty for everything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds