Skip to main content

John K's Shed building Adventure

More
3 years 5 months ago #215905 by JOHN.K.
Thanks for the info ....Ill see about that tomorrow............Fortunately ,the kerb is a drive over kind,and there is no concrete strip in the footpath ,just grass.....A couple of trucks have already been in and out.,but nothing like 25 ton .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215911 by overnite
Roll top gutter should handle 25 ton ok.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215914 by JOHN.K.
Little rain in yesterdays storm,dry and hot today,forecast dry rest of the week.....pour set for 5 am start Tuesday......

More
3 years 5 months ago #215927 by PDU
I thought you had it scheduled for Saturday? :oops:

More
3 years 5 months ago #215929 by JOHN.K.
Nope ,weekend work needs a special council permit.....they dont miss ya.......The whole thing is just a never ending drama.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215958 by hayseed

JOHN.K. wrote: Little rain in yesterdays storm,dry and hot today,forecast dry rest of the week.....pour set for 5 am start Tuesday......

Sounds like, The Boys plan on being in the Pub in time to watch the Melbourne Cup.......

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 5 months ago #215972 by JOHN.K.
He will be too.....helicopter on the finish at 9.30,went very smoothly,except for one agi driver decided to back in ......spun the wheels and slid sideways right across the foot path.......not to worry ,pads finished ,formwork off ,all packed away before 11am.....Had about four shovels full over .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120, wee-allis

More
3 years 5 months ago #215983 by PDU
And the neighbours? :unsure:

Attachments:

More
3 years 5 months ago #215988 by JOHN.K.
Guy directly across from the entrance is the main complainer......think he must have been out.....,I was quick to sweep the roadway and replace all the torn turf in the footpath,looks OK now........Slabs a bit thin on one side ,all the excavation was done with a laser level,dunno how it could be out....All solid now,so getting the metalwork up is next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, asw120

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216091 by JOHN.K.
Steel came today.......they said the truck would be 14 m long....I thought ,no ,shorter....Wrong.....Anyway ,I says to the driver ,should be able to just drive in......nooo he says.......back an forth a dozen times,over every footpath and drive on the opposite side of the street ....fortunately this is the last delivery ,so cant be stopped now..................Anyhoo ,on the way out ,he sees he could have driven straight in ,drives straight out with a foot to spare on the far side of the road......I just dunno,any more...............Now I gotta stand guard over $20k worth of roofing and steel bits and pieces for weeks while Titan get around to putting it up.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by JOHN.K..

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds