Skip to main content

Coil Spring Modification

More
2 years 6 months ago #227176 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Coil Spring Modification
Lang That video poses more questions than it answers:-
1. How do you get on if you do not have a Gomer Pyle lookalike mechanic to follow you and do all the work?
2. Does the basketball suspension work on cars you drive from the front seat?
3. Does the open petrol filler cap act as a spoiler?
4. As the bottom of the shock absorber is disconnected why not take it right out and trade it for more basketballs?

It does, however, prove that orange basketball suspension does not last as long as the white and blue one.

The basketballs would provide a source of exercise and help to pass the time when you are broken down out on the remote Russian Steppes and waiting for your mechanic to arrive with more suspension parts.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227197 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Coil Spring Modification
I dont think that the soccer ball had much chance sitting against the exhaust pipe but the most curious thing is;
Why is it being driven from the back seat complete with steering and all the controls?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #227199 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Coil Spring Modification
I think these guys are just a bunch of keen mechanical enthusiasts who are having fun doing way out stuff. I doubt any of it is meant to be serious.

Look up Garage 54 to see dozens of wonderful wild modifications all just for fun. www.youtube.com/c/Garage54ENG/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Check this one- changing a running engine from one car to another without it stopping.

lang
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227219 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Coil Spring Modification
With the football inside the spring - I have a vague recollection of later (HX+) coil sprung Kingswoods having a hardish foam thingy inside the back springs as the earlier ones sagged a lot when towing. Think I put some in my HJ. 30 years ago, now....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds