Skip to main content

Cutting the Grass

More
1 year 4 months ago #242350 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Cutting the Grass
Yes, 'mow with roundup' I do under the trees and along the fence lines using that method.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242352 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Cutting the Grass
Come on fellas, it's called "Liquid Wipper Snipper" available at your local hardware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 4 months ago #242354 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Cutting the Grass
Agree Roundup for the fencelines and where I don't want weeds/grass to grow.

it's so dry right now where I am the grass isn't growing. not like 12 months ago.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242362 by Normanby
Replied by Normanby on topic Cutting the Grass
This post reminded me that very soon I need to cut some long grass on a site our local historical society caretakes. It is a coal mining site which ceased underground mining in 1964 but where the then mining company left a lot of the surface structures intact as the replacement mine used more modern equipment. Our society obtained a grant to obtain a Kubota zero turn mower and one of these may handle John.K.s grass. Not cheap at $6000 or so then. Some photos of it in use attached. We also use roundup along fences and paths etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, ianoz, PaulFH

More
1 year 4 months ago #242376 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Cutting the Grass
My next mower is definitely going to be a 5 ton excavator.......its just a matter of finding one..........Im a bit worried about all the stories of 20 year old machines having computer failures,and a new computer is either $8000 or cant be bought anywhere............I went through all this when I was working with computer fails on excavators .....more costly to repair than an engine blowup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 4 months ago #242381 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Cutting the Grass
Mowing is always a case of speed and feed. Too quick and it chokes. No such issues with an excavator. Older ones will serve you better, just need to be quicker or ask around and buy it before it gets listed.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242388 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Cutting the Grass
I saw a really impressive utube with an small excavator with a flail type attachment ,it starts at the top of the tree and basically turns it to mulch all down to the stump.........Of course this wont be very amusing to the council with the VPO and all.........Over at Willawong,I asked a couple of wood grinder guys,and basically ,they wouldnt come within one mile of scrap steel /old machinery kind of stuff........then the Afgans get a Bobcat guy with a grinder who grinds cement,steel,rocks without any worries...........all too late ,cause the VPO was already in place......the bobcat guy doesnt know how lucky he was ,because if the council can find him,hes up for a $50k penalty,too.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds