Skip to main content

Carbon Tax

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #46280 by
Replied by on topic Re: Carbon Tax
Hi Cam,

You say we aren't about to give ourselves a Carbon Tax in the UK....

We already have one !!
In 1993, the UK government introduced the fuel duty escalator (FDE), an environmental tax on all retail petroleum products. The tax was designed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transport sector.
Since carbon is in fixed ratio to the quantity of fuel, the FDE roughly approximates a carbon tax.

The population of the UK are about to explode with anger at Fuel Prices. Today Unleaded Petrol is A$2.12 per litre and Diesel is A$2.20 per litre. A$1.43 of that is TAX
Yesterday it was rumoured by the government that pump price could soon reach A$3.20 per litre !!

A reporter on Sky News ( presumably quite highly paid) actually complained today that it had just cost him A$136 to fill up his car.

You say China has not got a Carbon Tax.
Maybe they haven't, but they are not happy over there, in spite of their commercial growth.
The pictures I saw on TV this morning of street protests in Beijing are looking very like recent sights in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and and Bahrain.

The worlds going MAD !

Cheers
RS :)
Keep Smiling..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #46281 by
Better hope we dont ever have another volcano erupt,might just undo all the good work this so called carbon tax was intended for :D

13 years 1 month ago #46282 by
RS

Your rumour of $3.20 per litre might be spot on.
Heard that they believe the price of crude will get to $300 per barrel within the next 3-6 months so hold onto your hats everyone the price of fuel is about to explode.

Trevor

More
13 years 1 month ago #46283 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Carbon Tax
Hmm, just had a look at this lot posted here and then remembered that bit Swishy had put up, see here --

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1298681032

Don't know why I did this next thing, just lost an hour and a half of time, but I did a backtrack on that bit Swishy had posted.

WOW, it sure stinks that what is happening with this carbon tax. It's just a great big pile of bovine excreta aimed squarely at removing more money from your pockets.

Now you gotta watch this lot, you got to go right to the bottom of the page to see this video, that was produced and aired over in England on the TV show Dispatchers.

It is the other argument for NOT having a carbon tax, now I would like to see the Aussie pollies try to refute this lot.

Those that have the time, will be rewarded with knowledge, that they previously been deprived of.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/cienc...eudo23.htm#The_Video

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

I don't normally get this politically orientated, but, somebody has to say or do something to stop this pile of bovine excreta being spread around.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds