Skip to main content

why do people hate truckies?

More
15 years 9 months ago #4176 by kennymopar
fair enough people dont like cowboy drivers behind the wheel .. or no one likes being tailgated by a truck.. anyway yesterday i done a newcastle/canberra return trip ..on the way back home i drop in at marulan truck stop for diesel & a bite to eat ..the interesting thing the meals in the truckers section are on average $3 to $4 more expensive than the "normal" dining section ... i think thats a bit below the belt ..not to mention some roadhouses you wouldnt even let you rottwieler eat there in case you need to rush him to the vet later . . .
..thats my 2c worth ..it seems things arnt like the old days

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #4177 by
Replied by on topic Re: why do people hate truckies?

fair enough people dont like cowboy drivers behind the wheel .. or no one likes being tailgated by a truck.. anyway yesterday i done a newcastle/canberra return trip ..on the way back home i drop in at marulan truck stop for diesel & a bite to eat ..the interesting thing the meals in the truckers section are on average $3 to $4 more expensive than the "normal" dining section ... i think thats a bit below the belt ..not to mention some roadhouses you wouldnt even let you rottwieler eat there in case you need to rush him to the vet later . . .
..thats my 2c worth ..it seems things arnt like the old days

..the interesting thing the meals in the truckers section are on average $3 to $4 more expensive than the "normal" dining section ..

Maybe their charging the extra to wash everything down after some "grubs" leave, so up the meal price for everybody and then make some extra money anyway.
Some places as you say, you wouldn't let a stray dog eat there, so you gotta choose between the bad and the worst, not much choice though, seems nothing has changed over the decades, eh.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
15 years 9 months ago #4178 by melonreo
it has been 3years since i have run up and down the highways , and the more this goes on the less i miss it :(

More
15 years 9 months ago #4179 by kennymopar
over the past few years i usually try & get a bite to eat at the local bakery of a town i mite be driving through..or a counter lunch or dinner at a small town pub ..much cleaner with great food not to mention cheaper

More
15 years 6 months ago #4180 by Eddy
Just the opposite Up the Stuart hwy ... (least it was a few years back)
Truckers' sections were quieter, more space 'twixt tables, better chairs. Meals were same prices, bigger portions and served on china plates rather than plastic etc, coffee cup never got empty, and shower for 3 bux instead of $10 8-)

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds