Skip to main content

The use of Other peoples photos...

More
13 years 5 days ago #50786 by Bobcat.R
::) Just want to kow about using photos from this site, on other web
sites???
I have many photos on the net & anyopne can use them as long as they dont use them for cash $'s...
Is it alright to use photos from this stie???...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago #50787 by atkipete
You need to get the agreement of the owner of the photo first.

More
13 years 5 days ago #50788 by Eddy
:-/ ::) :-/

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
13 years 5 days ago #50789 by bigcam
Hi Bobkat, the pictures are on the Internet, do what you like, it is a bit of good form to credit the origonal source though. Maybe instead of asking a loaded question as your first post, you could whack up a couple of your pics for us to have a look at?

By the by, Caboolture has got 2 "o"s.

More
13 years 5 days ago #50790 by Bobcat.R
No worries I'll tyr an get CaboOlture right next time, I will up load a few on my photos over the next month or 3... Tahnks for getting back...BC... ;D

13 years 5 days ago #50791 by
Bobcat,

Define use? In your original post.

Be aware that copyright rules apply on the Internet as per other media.

This has been discussed a couple of times on this forum. But most important part is you must acknowledge the owner of the photo. And depending on what you intend to do with the picture you may also need to get owner permission. Especially if you intend to make $ or reproduce it a noter form.

13 years 5 days ago #50792 by
It would also be reasonable to let the owner know where and how you are using their photo.

For example My photos generally I wouldn't have an issue with most uses. But I would like to be told of their use, why, where and by who. I think it is only reasonable and fair.

More
13 years 5 days ago #50793 by JimmyDodge
Hi Cam, by the by, Detriot diesel is spelt DETROIT diesel ,
LOL. Harleigh. :D ;D

More
13 years 4 days ago #50794 by Bobcat.R
Thanks People,
I only use photos for sharing with friends & a few sties on the net, the photos I found on here are related to IPEC Linehaul Operations...
As an Old Employee of Linehaul Equipment Services
"Yella Taxi Driver" I have a direct connection with the photos & most of the people in them...
We are having our 1st National Reunion Dinner on the Gold Coast in June this year & I would like to include the photos (6) of them in a slide show on the night...
...Many thanks for your help... Take care...BC... ;D

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #50795 by atkipete
For a private function, I doubt anyone is going to stress about copyright. But if you put them up on the net they can be seen by heaps of people and situation is different.
I dont have any old IPEC photos but maybe other forum members do that they will give you copies of. if you start a new post titled "IPEC photos wanted" you might get some. What about IPEC themselves, most companies have old photos somewhere.
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by atkipete.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds