Skip to main content

Ambulances

More
11 years 2 months ago #98994 by Paul McCurley
Replied by Paul McCurley on topic Re: Ambulances
1992 Ford F-150 4WD ambulance. Body by Transfield. The external roll bars were fitted to these cars after several accidents, and a subsequent rollover test, show the frames weren't strong enough. Part of the collection of the Ambulance Historical Society of Victoria
[img

1992 Ford F-150 4WD ambulance by sv1ambo , on Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98995 by Paul McCurley
1992 Ford F-250 ambulance. JAKAB body. Part of the collection of the Ambulance Historical Society of Victoria.
[img

1992 Ford F-250 ambulance by sv1ambo , on Flickr

More
11 years 2 months ago #98996 by Paul McCurley
1999 GMC ambulance. Mader International body. Part of the collection of the Ambulance Historical Society of Victoria.
[img

1999 GMC ambulance by sv1ambo , on Flickr

More
11 years 2 months ago #98997 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Ambulances
What wonderful additions from Paul (and an id for my earlier mystery).
This thread has become amazingly comprehensive. I have been surprised by the wide variety of recent chassis.
Post 6 in the thread contained a lot of links. Here is just one of them repeated: a very comprehensive site.
www.colacambulance.com/ambulance%201961%20-%201970.htm
Now to convince Thomastown to send one or more to the next Sandown, matching the fire-appliance people.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
11 years 2 months ago #98998 by Johnm020
Replied by Johnm020 on topic Re: Ambulances
This a link to a rough album I was trying out a while ago It badly needs some work johnm.id.au/Queensland%20Anbulance%20Museum/ I'll have to did out some others I have some where and take a couple of photos of current units.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98999 by Paul McCurley

What wonderful additions from Paul (and an id for my earlier mystery).
This thread has become amazingly comprehensive. I have been surprised by the wide variety of recent chassis.
Post 6 in the thread contained a lot of links. Here is just one of them repeated: a very comprehensive site.
www.colacambulance.com/ambulance%201961%20-%201970.htm
Now to convince Thomastown to send one or more to the next Sandown, matching the fire-appliance people.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Roderick,
I am sure that if you contact them they would be more than happy to attend the Sandown Show with a display of vehicles.
I know they do attend several car shows and festivals during the year and are always looking to promote themselves.

11 years 2 months ago #99000 by
Replied by on topic Re: Ambulances
...thank you Paul for all this fascinating information....cheers mate :) :) :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #99001 by Paul McCurley

This a link to a rough album I was trying out a while ago It badly needs some work johnm.id.au/Queensland%20Anbulance%20Museum/ I'll have to did out some others I have some where and take a couple of photos of current units.

The Studebaker in your shots is the one my Dad owned for a few years, and I posted shots of earlier in this thread (Reply #34)
Look forward to some more shots of the museum. I only got to visit there for an hour a few years ago while I was waiting for a flight out of Brisbane back to Sydney. I didn't have my camera with me.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99002 by Paul McCurley
Restored 1972 Ford F-100 ambulance. Originally operated by the Beaudesert branch of the Queensland Ambulance Transport Brigade. Privately owned.
[img

1972 Ford F-100 ambulance by sv1ambo , on Flickr
[img

[img

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99003 by Paul McCurley
1961 Willys Jeep FC-170 4WD ambulance rescue truck. Originally operated by the St. George - Sutherland District of the New South Wales Ambulance Transport Service Board. Fibreglass body fitted by Wormald Brothers Industries of Melbourne. This truck was the first designated rescue unit in New South Wales. Nicknamed the Q-Van, short for Res-Q Van. This unit was restored by the officers at Point Clare ambulance station in 1995 to celebrate the centenary of NSW Ambulance.
[img

1961 Willys Jeep FC-170 4WD ambulance rescue truck by sv1ambo , on Flickr
[img

[img

[img

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Paul McCurley.

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds